Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Any direct reports of CDG arrival testing for Covid?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

French media reports CDG Roissy airport (and other French airports) are making Covid-19 PCR tests available for arriving passengers from "red" countries--that is, countries considered to have higher infection rates. This program started on 12 July, and will continue for at least two weeks. See links below for a couple of these examples.

I hope to arrive at CDG soon, flying DFW-CDG on AA, as a French citizen. Has anybody on FT had direct CDG experience in undergoing these tests or can share any information or observation please? In particular, I was wondering where the test site is actually located, how crowded, how quickly the results were returned and how post-test contact is done.

Such testing would be very reassuring, within the limits, of course, of any such test would not preclude infection from the plane ride itself

Thank you! Moderator: please move to another forum as appropriate.

Two sample articles:
https://www.lemonde.fr/economie/arti...6101_3234.html

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/838869/a...s-voyageurs-de
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:31 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
This was a few days trial that stopped today. I guess further informations to follow but for the time being there are no tests at CDG arrivals it seems.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The tonight news (France 2) did not mention that those tests would stop. It seems the test center is in terminal 2E (at arrivals). They said that it was voluntary at the moment but it may become mandatory soon. It seems that very few people were doing it (voluntarily).
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:42 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Dimanche 12 juillet, des barnums ont déjŕ été mis en place ŕ Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle et Orly. L’opération est en période expérimentale pour huit jours, indique l’Autorité régionale de santé (ARS) d’Ile-de-France qui pilote le dispositif.
From Le Monde.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Is testing conducted only on people incoming from outside the EU? Or landing from Berlin next week I could volunteer myself? Just curious.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Marambio
Is testing conducted only on people incoming from outside the EU? Or landing from Berlin next week I could volunteer myself? Just curious.
only from "red" countries (i.e. non EEA and non part of the EU "green list" like Canada, Tunisia, Morocco, etc)
Marambio likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold,
According to the CDG website, you are "invited" to take a test.

"As of July 18th 2020, every passenger coming from one of these countries and wishing to enter the French territory, is strongly invited to show a negative PCR test, carried out less than 72 hrs prior to departure.

Passengers which may have not been able to get tested before departure, are invited by French Health authorities and Paris Hospitals organisation (AP-HP) to get tested upon arrival in the dedicated testing center at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly Airports. Biological results are sent by e-mail within 36hrs after being tested. "
Old Jul 25, 2020, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by BNAff
According to the CDG website, you are "invited" to take a test.

"As of July 18th 2020, every passenger coming from one of these countries and wishing to enter the French territory, is strongly invited to show a negative PCR test, carried out less than 72 hrs prior to departure.

Passengers which may have not been able to get tested before departure, are invited by French Health authorities and Paris Hospitals organisation (AP-HP) to get tested upon arrival in the dedicated testing center at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly Airports. Biological results are sent by e-mail within 36hrs after being tested. "
Changes coming from Aug 1st (not anymore just "invited to"). I just posted details in the Coronavirus forum
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32557303-post511.html
Old Jul 26, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Changes coming from Aug 1st (not anymore just "invited to"). I just posted details in the Coronavirus forum
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32557303-post511.html
Is this only for French citizens returning to France? Or people who fall under an exception? Or is this for anybody wishing to enter France?
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by odie11
Is this only for French citizens returning to France? Or people who fall under an exception? Or is this for anybody wishing to enter France?
For everyone that is eligible to enter the country.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 9:28 pm

The Embassy of France in Washington posted today that as of August 1, US residents who could produce a negative Covid-19 test result dating from 72 hours or less before departure could be admitted, and that there would be no testing up on arrival or requirement to self-quarantine. Not sure if this applies to other EU countries...

Last edited by DCA-guy; Jul 29, 2020 at 9:29 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by DCA-guy
The Embassy of France in Washington posted today that as of August 1, US residents who could produce a negative Covid-19 test result dating from 72 hours or less before departure could be admitted, and that there would be no testing up on arrival or requirement to self-quarantine. Not sure if this applies to other EU countries...

But you still can't go to France unless you meet a very narrow list of restrictions. This follows the information you posted.

'It is also important to note that, in the context of the Covid-19 epidemic, the external borders of the European Union and the Schengen Area have been closed to travelers from the United States since March 17 and that, in this context, only those persons who fall within one of the categories mentioned in the exempted international movement certificate for travel from abroad to mainland France are authorized to enter France: https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actual...t-et-de-voyage"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.