Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Overnight stay in Paris on the way home to U.S. -- No quarantine??

Old Jun 23, 20, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Greetings:
Traveling home from Romania to the U.S. and might have to stay over night in Paris due to the flight time from Paris to ATL.

I have 2 Passports---U.S. and Romanian. Will I have any issues (forced quarantine, etc.) in staying overnight in a Paris hotel since I am just in transit??

Please advise.

Thank you.
Old Jun 23, 20, 9:24 pm

My reading of the current IATA guidelines is that you will not be allowed to enter France.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
Old Jun 24, 20, 12:37 am

Good question, no way on your US passport but possibly your Romanian.

I'd contact the Romanian embassy in France and see what they say.
Old Jun 24, 20, 7:21 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Code:
Published 24.06.2020
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
- This does not apply to:
- nationals of France, their spouses and children; and
- passengers arriving from Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Holy See) or an EEA Member State; and
- nationals of Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, Vatican City (Holy See) and an EEA Member State, their spouses and children, returning via France to their country of residence; and
- British nationals, their spouses and children, returning via France to their country of residence; and
- passengers with a residence permit issued by France; and
- passengers with a residence permit issued by Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Holy See) or an EEA Member State, returning via France to their country of residence; and
- merchant seamen; and
- passengers traveling to study.
2. A completed International Travel Certificate must be presented prior to boarding and to Immigration upon arrival or when transiting France. The certificate must be obtained before departure via the French consular offices abroad or online at https://www.interieur.gouv.fr.
- This does not apply to passengers arriving from Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City (Holy See) or an EEA Member State.
3. Passengers arriving in France:
- are subject to quarantine or isolation; and
- must present a completed declaration on honor to state that they do not have symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19). The declaration must be dated with the name and signature of the passenger.
Romania is in the EU/EEA, so the OP will be allowed to enter France. No restrictions on quarantine.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jun 24, 20, 8:58 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz, Chase Credit Cards

Moderator Note: I'm going to move this to the France forum, where the knowledge base may be more specific to the OPs question. Please follow the thread as it relocates.
Old Jun 24, 20, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by John Isaac View Post
Greetings:
Traveling home from Romania to the U.S. and might have to stay over night in Paris due to the flight time from Paris to ATL.

I have 2 Passports---U.S. and Romanian. Will I have any issues (forced quarantine, etc.) in staying overnight in a Paris hotel since I am just in transit??

Please advise.

Thank you.
Can't enter US if "coming" from France (might with US passport, not with Romanian)
Old Jun 24, 20, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K(until 2022), MM *G for life, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by knownothing View Post
Can't enter US if "coming" from France (might with US passport, not with Romanian)
Definitely can if in possession of a US passport, and you have to use that passport when you check in with the airline flying you to the US (if you are on a through ticket, you will need to ensure that the second airline has the US passport in its system, not the Romanian one). Entering France on the Romanian one should be possible but worth checking at the French Embassy in Romania. Generally, intra-Europe flights won't match the data the airline holds on passports to your arrival, but the airline won't transport you if it knows that you won't be let in to your destination country. Therefore, if on a through ticket, you may need to show both passports.
Old Jun 24, 20, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Thank you

Search this Thread
Search Engine: