Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Restaurants, bars etc closed in France until further notice

Restaurants, bars etc closed in France until further notice

Old Mar 21, 20, 9:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Requiring us to carry an attestation when we go out was a very good idea. It prevents people from wandering at random and it saves the police a lot of time instead of arguing with people making up lies as they go along. Since you write your address on the form, they know instantly if you are making outlandish claims for being outside; In Paris we must stay within a 400 meter radius of our domicile in most cases.
Old Mar 22, 20, 8:16 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
I was in Martinique when the ban hit, now in Guadeloupe. Trying to make my way back to Europe, which should happen as flights are running through Sunday.
Things are quiet in the streets. Police are issuing fines for walking around without the 'attestation de deplacement derrogatoire'. You're ok to swim at the beach, but laying your towel down is a big no-no.

Other rules are like in mainland France.
Hopefully you already managed to get back to Europe, and otherwise hurry up. Le Monde is reporting that flights between Metropolitan France and the outre-mer are being cancelled on Monday until further notice. Apparently some people are trying to leave the Hexagone and the government is worried that the medical resources of the overseas territories will not be able to cope with more demand.

Police controls have become much more strict here in Paris over the last three days. My 5km run is now 2km and through small streets -- avenues and parks are full of police who constantly ask you to produce your attestation and an ID, and send you back the way you came if they feel you are too far away from home. I have to say the cops are being very polite, though.
Old Mar 22, 20, 10:19 am

I was wrong, they are closing all passengers flights to french overseas territories from monday midnight.

Crazy decision. Hopefully nobody is stuck in a carribbean island actually...

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/coron...it-814966.html
Old Mar 22, 20, 3:23 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Originally Posted by IstKong View Post
I was wrong, they are closing all passengers flights to french overseas territories from monday midnight.

Crazy decision. Hopefully nobody is stuck in a carribbean island actually...

https://la1ere.francetvinfo.fr/coron...it-814966.html

Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
Hopefully you already managed to get back to Europe, and otherwise hurry up. Le Monde is reporting that flights between Metropolitan France and the outre-mer are being cancelled on Monday until further notice. Apparently some people are trying to leave the Hexagone and the government is worried that the medical resources of the overseas territories will not be able to cope with more demand.

Police controls have become much more strict here in Paris over the last three days. My 5km run is now 2km and through small streets -- avenues and parks are full of police who constantly ask you to produce your attestation and an ID, and send you back the way you came if they feel you are too far away from home. I have to say the cops are being very polite, though.

Yes, this was announced here in local press back on Wednesday, which seems like it's been ages ago. I'm due to fly out tonight (Sunday) and my flight to Portugal still seems to be on as well.
Old Mar 24, 20, 4:58 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Made it to Portugal where I'm going to hang out for the next month (or longer). PTP-ORY was packed, and included the inbound crew. I was seated next to the pilots for takeoff and landing and to say there were unhappy (LEVEL's last flight for the foreseeable future) would be an understatement.

ORY was deserted. ORY-LIS had maybe a 10% load for the 120-seat E195. LIS - nothing, no temp checks, no meeting at the gate, you can just walk right out. We did get a leaflet on the plane saying to call the local health line if you experience symptoms. Overall the mood and situation in PT feels much calmer than in France, and people seem to be following social-distancing quite well.
Old Mar 27, 20, 11:45 am

The French Government has just extended the lock-down period until 15 April. I would not be surprised if there were further restrictions in the pipeline.
Old Mar 28, 20, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kerouac2 View Post
In Paris we must stay within a 400 meter radius of our domicile in most cases.
Never heard about 400m rule. It's 1 km since 23/03.
Old Mar 28, 20, 6:34 am
Formerly known as cedricgerald
Original Poster

Can’t remember the city name in the south of France but there they must stay within 10 meters yes 3O’ from your home.

is there any nice restaurants who deliver?
Old Mar 28, 20, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alsacienne View Post
The French Government has just extended the lock-down period until 15 April. I would not be surprised if there were further restrictions in the pipeline.
I was checked by the police few times since the beginning and I feel that police has been asking more questions and are more difficult lately.

Need to find a new route as there are police which are always posted in front of a sensitive building (there are there for years) . As they have nothing to do, they check everyone.

some take the authorization paper in their hands, some with gloves, some don’t want to touch it, some with masks, some with nothing and sadly at least one passed away this week.
Old Mar 29, 20, 2:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue
I am feeling ignored by the police, but I still did not dare to go down to the news kiosk that I can see from my window to get the Sunday paper. I did not want to fill out an attestation for an outing that would last just two minutes.
Old Mar 30, 20, 1:56 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by CGRA View Post
is there any nice restaurants who deliver?
I am taking advantage of the quarantine to cook, but as per my neighbour, with whom we speak through the balcony, Deliveroo and UberEats are up and running. Not sure if those account as nice restaurants, though
Old Mar 31, 20, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
I am taking advantage of the quarantine to cook, but as per my neighbour, with whom we speak through the balcony, Deliveroo and UberEats are up and running. Not sure if those account as nice restaurants, though
If I’d have free time I’ll first need to learn.
yes uber eat, deliveroo, “ jus eat” are all operating.
uber eat had no delivery charge in March so you can order a warm baguette at your door for about 1 euro.
not sure if they’ll keep the free delivery in April.
Old Yesterday, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CGRA View Post
If I’d have free time I’ll first need to learn.
yes uber eat, deliveroo, “ jus eat” are all operating.
uber eat had no delivery charge in March so you can order a warm baguette at your door for about 1 euro.
not sure if they’ll keep the free delivery in April.
writing from the US, I'm highly jealous! I can't get a decent warm baguette right now for any cost unless I bake it myself.
Old Yesterday, 2:57 pm

kerouac2
I am feeling ignored by the police, but I still did not dare to go down to the news kiosk that I can see from my window to get the Sunday paper. I did not want to fill out an attestation for an outing that would last just two minutes."
The law requires you to carry a signed, timed and dated attestation for every exit from your house. The short time span of 2 minutes outside is not an acceptable option for disobeying the law. You could infect or become infected in that period depending on whom you meet ... and you'll need to keep your 2 m distance even in the queue for your paper. That said, which box would you be ticking to justify your absence? Why not pick up a paper on your trip out to get a baguette and kill two birds legally with one stone?
ajGoes likes this.
Old Today, 4:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whimsey21 View Post
writing from the US, I'm highly jealous! I can't get a decent warm baguette right now for any cost unless I bake it myself.

I'll be pleased to ship you some, especially that uber eat stop the free delivery, better to buy several to split delivery cost
it may not be warm anymore by the time it arrived

Speaking about baguette, i was so happy and rushed that the web site of grocery store (Framprix) was working that by mistake I ordered 4 baguettes

Framprix is pretty good, they deliver within few hours, often not your full order, sometimes they cancel your order with no reason, the delivery guy is sometimes unhappy if you order is more than a couple of bags but still better than the other like Auchan and Carrefou where there is no delivery window at all (and I'm trying several times a day for a week now, should I hire someone just to refresh the page until a delivery window open ?)

"Grande epicerie", expensive but nice food but so slow to proceess, after one week my order is still not yet processed

Speaking of high end product, "Hediard" : delivery guy require me to sign, I tried to explain him that right now there is something called COVID and we're not allowed to sign , open door and ....he's just breaking the law (wonder if the guy was born the same morning with an adult body and a pre born brain) !!!. After numerous calls and photos (of the package, the door from different angles, and maybe the entire area) he agree to drop the carton in front of my door. All of that for a small order and part of the order is missing and Hediard doesn't reply by phone nor e-mail

I have to mention DHL delivery guy, 3 or 4 mornings I had his truck in our yard, he looks for my package in his truck for few mns , can't find it and just leave. Usually he came back end of the day or the next morning. Seems to be the new norm )

Conclusion : forget the high end shop right now, maybe they're not ready to handle large volume, go to basic if you want to have a piece of bread

Search this Thread
Search Engine: