Wiki Posts
Search

561% refund from SNCF for TER ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
561% refund from SNCF for TER ticket

I bought tickets in November for Lyon-Annecy on the TER and Annecy-Paris on the TGV on December 10th. The total was €66.40, of which €21.40 was for the first leg.

I got the TGV leg refunded at the station in Lyon, but I was told there that I'd have to apply for the TER refund on line. It was a bit of a chore to find the right place to apply and to get the application done correctly, but eventually I received an email from SNCF saying they'd received it and would contact me later. The email apologetically said it would take a while, and it did indeed take several weeks, but yesterday I was told I'd get a voucher and voilà ! it arrived this morning.

I have no idea how they arrived at the figure, but hopefully I'll find a use for the €120 voucher I got before it expires in a year!

Our communications were exclusively in French. I have no idea whether the outcome would have been the same if I'd written in English.

Bon courage for anyone else pursuing refunds!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:39 am

Last June I filled the SNCF refund form as well as attachments to an email in ENGLISH but neither received any response nor any refund that was to be less 15euro. Ripped off trainly.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Did you check your spam folder? Email from companies is often mistaken for spam.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.