Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Walking idea from Eiffel Tower to the Louvre

Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Hi

We are visiting Paris (Disney) over Easter and plan to spend a full day in Paris. The kids simply love Disney but this time round we will make sure that we spend a full day in Paris. I'm thinking of starting at either Eiffel Tower and ending at the Louvre or vice versa. 2 adults / 4 kids aged 5 to 11. I suspect we will enjoy most by soaking in the atmosphere and doing lots of walking. Any good restaurant for kids ? What sight should we include in our itinerary. Should I rent a car ?

Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Don't even think about renting a car in Paris.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by ajGoes
Don't even think about renting a car in Paris.
Right. Not unless one's the second coming of Ayrton Senna. Still have no idea how they navigate that chaos around the Arc.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Flying456
Hi

We are visiting Paris (Disney) over Easter and plan to spend a full day in Paris. The kids simply love Disney but this time round we will make sure that we spend a full day in Paris. I'm thinking of starting at either Eiffel Tower and ending at the Louvre or vice versa. 2 adults / 4 kids aged 5 to 11. I suspect we will enjoy most by soaking in the atmosphere and doing lots of walking. Any good restaurant for kids ? What sight should we include in our itinerary. Should I rent a car ?

Thanks
You can't go wrong walking from the Eiffel Tower to the Louvre. It goes through the most beautiful and wealthiest districts of Paris.

You can eat near the rue Cler which is a picturesque shopping street, go through the Invalides (one of Paris most beautiful monument), then through the Place du Palais Bourbon (beautiful little place with small cafés in front of the Parliament), reach the right bank via the "Passerelle Senghor" and access the Louvre from the Tuilerie gardens. Going to the Louvre from the Tuilerie garden is also a good option to avoid the queue around the Pyramide.
ajGoes and TWA884 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for comment
Should I keep close to the river bank or is it more scenic through Rue Cler ? What about the Arc of Triumph and the Champ Elysees- I thought about crossing the river from Eiffel Tower but it sounds like perhaps I should on this side of the river
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Another way, after you eat at one of the restaurants on Rue Cler, walk back to the river and walk along the river. (you have to go down where you are at the same level as the river), there are lots of little things that kids can enjoy doing, skipping things on the floor, there is a climbing wall. Then walk up and take the Passarell (pedestrian bridge) to the louvre.
IstKong and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Thanks for comment
Should I keep close to the river bank or is it more scenic through Rue Cler ? What about the Arc of Triumph and the Champ Elysees- I thought about crossing the river from Eiffel Tower but it sounds like perhaps I should on this side of the river

The best part of Rue Cler, the pedestrian part, is between Rue Grenelle to Le Motte Piquet. If you tell me where exactly you are starting from, I can give you a few walks. Rue Cler is a local food shopping street with cafes in between.
IstKong and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Thanks for comment
Well, after visiting the Louvre, you can still go to the Champs-Elysées area through the rue saint-honoré/faubourg saint honoré then walk on the champs elysée to the arc de triomphe, still a beautiful district.

In the areas mentioned you really can't go wrong.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by IstKong
Well, after visiting the Louvre, you can still go to the Champs-Elysées area through the rue saint-honoré/faubourg saint honoré then walk on the champs elysée to the arc de triomphe, still a beautiful district.

In the areas mentioned you really can't go wrong.
Place Vendome is along the way too.

Time of year? In the summer there's a fair (free to enter) with some amusement park type rides and food stands in part of Tuilleries and also a Ferris wheel at Concorde.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:22 am

You will want to prebook tickets for the Eiffel Tower as well as entry times into the Louvre.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.