Seafood Towers in Paris

Old Nov 7, 19, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Seafood Towers in Paris

I'll be traveling to Paris for a long weekend during American Thanksgiving. This will be my 4th time in the past 8 years staying in the 10th near Canal St Martin. I'm curious if anyone has any recommendations for good restaurants with oysters and/or seafood towers. I know that the celebratory mood will be hitting France and oysters and champagne will be plentiful - I'm curious if any locals or frequent visitors have suggestions. I'll be arriving a Wednesday morning from Chicago and would love my first meal to be a beautiful seafood tower. Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Nov 8, 19, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
For this, you have to target the brasseries like the Procope, Vagenende (Both in Odéon area), Bofinger (Bastille), Lorraine (Ternes), Wepler (place de Clichy), Mollard (St Lazare), etc
there are plenty in Paris

Last edited by Goldorak; Nov 8, 19 at 2:29 pm
Old Nov 8, 19, 4:12 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
If you are willing to travel to the Left Bank, le Dôme, la Coupole, or la Méditerranée are all excellent.
Old Nov 8, 19, 5:33 am

Also, all the Brasseries Flo : Flo itself, Julien, Vaudeville, etc.
Old Nov 8, 19, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions! Paris has so many great restaurants and brasseries but I figured it would be best to do some research in advance. Nothing is more disappointing than being jetlagged and stumbling into a subpar tourist trap. Some huitres and a glass or two of muscadet will be the perfect post-flight rejuvenation!
ajGoes and Goldorak like this.
Old Nov 8, 19, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by AAguy1979 View Post
Thank you for the suggestions! Paris has so many great restaurants and brasseries but I figured it would be best to do some research in advance. Nothing is more disappointing than being jetlagged and stumbling into a subpar tourist trap. Some huitres and a glass or two of muscadet will be the perfect post-flight rejuvenation!

Well, if you only want oysters and shrimp then there no better place than Regis Huitries. That is ALL that they serve. No hot dishes nothing else and very small. They open at 6:30 (very early by French standards).
ajGoes likes this.
Old Nov 11, 19, 10:22 am

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
Highly recommend Terminus Nord, a lovely cafe/brasserie across from the Gare du Nord. All Art Deco interiors, you think you are about to board the Orient Express.

Superb service.

And their seafood towers are fantastic.
Old Nov 11, 19, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tvhead View Post
Highly recommend Terminus Nord, a lovely cafe/brasserie across from the Gare du Nord. All Art Deco interiors, you think you are about to board the Orient Express.

Superb service.

And their seafood towers are fantastic.
This, Procope, and the traditional ones on left bank (la Coupole, le Dome). Part of the fun is the atmosphere and decor.
Goldorak likes this.

Search this Thread