FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   France and Monaco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco-467/)
-   -   Time to allow between 2 flights (2 PNRs) at CDG? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco/1985379-time-allow-between-2-flights-2-pnrs-cdg.html)

AlisonB84 Aug 31, 2019 1:43 pm

Time to allow between 2 flights (2 PNRs) at CDG?

A good friend of mine has booked the following:

LHR - CDG on BA (arriving at 11.15am midweek)

then a separate booking

CDG - HAN on Vietnam Airlines (departing at 2pm)

She was telling me about this today and I’m a bit concerned about the short gap.
Now, this is not something I would have booked on separate tickets, but I’m not familiar with CDG airport at all. I believe the incoming flight will go to 2A and the departing flight out of 2E (and she will have luggage to collect and recheck)

I’ve recommended having a plan b in case the first flight is cancelled or really delayed but for those that are familiar with transiting CDG what chance does she have if making the flight?

Thanks in advance

MSPeconomist Aug 31, 2019 2:07 pm

IMO if the inbound flight is on time and there aren't bad lines or a long wait for checked bags, it should be OK (but tight) since everything is T2 (assuming that the information is correct, and I think it's right). However, a delay would likely mean purchasing a new longhaul ticket, so it's risky with two tickets/PNRs.

What passport? Being able to use automated gates at CDG can save a lot of time.

AlisonB84 Aug 31, 2019 4:04 pm

UK passport so that’s good!

ajGoes Aug 31, 2019 6:42 pm

Flights are very often delayed. It would only take a small delay in the LHR-CDG flight for your friend to miss their HAN flight, losing their round-trip reservation. I wouldn't dream of booking this trip on separate tickets.

Often1 Aug 31, 2019 7:12 pm

Your friend bears 100% of the risk of a a no show. Depending on the fare rules of her second ticket, it is more than likely that if she no shows, it will be cancelled and will retain no value. If that is the case, she faces having to purchase a new ticket for the next day at walk up prices.

My general advice when facing this type of a financial loss, is to fly in the night before. The question is not whether this transfer time can work, it is whether it will work under the circumstances of the day in question.

AlisonB84 Sep 2, 2019 10:58 am

Thank you for your responses! It’s as I thought really - I always fly to my ex-EU departure point the day before, but I’m risk averse so just wanted to get a measured response from others who are more familiar with CDG.

thanks again

ng1265 Sep 4, 2019 4:12 am

other option, change to the early morning flight to CDG?