FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   France and Monaco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco-467/)
-   -   Which Paris hotel is most like Claridge's in London? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco/1964833-paris-hotel-most-like-claridges-london.html)

Eric Owens Apr 10, 2019 7:41 pm

Which Paris hotel is most like Claridge's in London?

We are looking for a luxury hotel in Paris. We are a family with two tween boys. We really like Claridge's in London for the discreet, you-don't-have-to-sign-and-somehow-we-know-who-you-are level of service.

We also like to walk around and take in the city where we are. So we really liked Mayfair for the buzzier feel -- not far from good restaurants and good shopping. It would not be good to be around, say, a museum or government buildings where it is pretty but staid.

Does anyone on this tremendous resource have any thoughts?

TWA884 Apr 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Did you check the following thread in the Luxury Hotels and Travel forum?

Eric Owens Apr 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Perfect. Thank you.

I appreciate that.

Landing Gear Apr 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Eric Owens (Post 30987374)
We are looking for a luxury hotel in Paris. We are a family with two tween boys. We really like Claridge's in London for the discreet, you-don't-have-to-sign-and-somehow-we-know-who-you-are level of service.

We also like to walk around and take in the city where we are. So we really liked Mayfair for the buzzier feel -- not far from good restaurants and good shopping. It would not be good to be around, say, a museum or government buildings where it is pretty but staid.

Does anyone on this tremendous resource have any thoughts?

I don't know anything about Claridge's. However, I just (as in several days ago) stayed at the George V and it was absolutely wonderful. Feel free to ask anything you want here or by PM.

Yahillwe Apr 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Even though I love the GV, I think the newly renovated https://www.hotellutetia.com is nice. Right in the heart of the St Germain area. Does it have the same feel as the Claridges, no, it has a Parisian feel.

Eric Owens Apr 13, 2019 11:23 pm

Thanks a ton!

My wife does, in fact, have her heart set on the George V. So it is settled!

Landing Gear Apr 15, 2019 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Eric Owens (Post 30997993)
My wife does, in fact, have her heart set on the George V. So it is settled!

Excellent. Here's the website of the concierge team and I would contact them in advance of your trip. Obviously, just going by numbers, they are extremely well staffed. I've never seen a concierge staff this big including at other hotels in the Four Seasons. I can personally attest that the top three names on this website, Roderick, Philippe and Franck are aces at what they do.

Bon voyage!

Yahillwe Apr 16, 2019 1:41 am

Originally Posted by Landing Gear (Post 31003296)
Excellent. Here's the website of the concierge team and I would contact them in advance of your trip. Obviously, just going by numbers, they are extremely well staffed. I've never seen a concierge staff this big including at other hotels in the Four Seasons. I can personally attest that the top three names on this website, Roderick, Philippe and Franck are aces at what they do.

Bon voyage!

The GV IS the flagship for all the 4S's. They set the standard.

KristenNix Apr 18, 2019 12:32 pm

We have not stayed at the Hotel Lutetia yet, but it does look excellent, and I absolutely love the St. Germain area. We stayed at the Four Seasons George V two weeks ago, and I agree with Landing Gear that it is phenomenal. Rooms & suites are gorgeous, incredible flower arrangements, five Michelin stars across the 3 restaurants, the chic Le Bar for cocktails and a casual menu, excellent location, and your boys will love the FSGV pool area after a day of sightseeing. My 13-year old son (and my husband) loved it! Enjoy!