FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   France and Monaco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco-467/)
-   -   CDG meet and greet (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco/1964126-cdg-meet-greet.html)

Gadot Apr 5, 2019 11:09 am

CDG meet and greet

Has anyone used one of either the departure or arrival "meet and greets" who walk you through customs, etc to/from the plane?

KristenNix Apr 21, 2019 12:03 pm

I have not experienced this myself but I have arranged this several times for clients on arrival to CDG. Although it's very expensive, they loved it and thought it was worth the cost. Made everything seamless and stress free for them on arrival.

tvhead Apr 21, 2019 1:25 pm

My personal view: CDG is an odd and strangely organized airport, but in half a dozen arrivals there, I've never had to stand in any line for more than a few minutes. From touchdown to being on the bus or train into central Paris, it's seldom more than 30 minutes.

milepig Apr 22, 2019 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by tvhead (Post 31023031)
My personal view: CDG is an odd and strangely organized airport, but in half a dozen arrivals there, I've never had to stand in any line for more than a few minutes. From touchdown to being on the bus or train into central Paris, it's seldom more than 30 minutes.

This has been my experience as well. We're usually among the early group deplaning, and by the time we get through immigration we're at baggage claim several minutes before the bags begin to come off. Plenty of time to call anyone we need to let know we've arrived. Then just walk through customs with the bags and we're done. Really not hard - the habitrail is my favorite part.

The line for the RER tickets takes the longest, tied to a hope that one of my credit cards will actually work, which makes the wait seem longer. It's like credit card lotto - random ones seem to work, and never the same card. This last time (on vacation) my work card was my last hope, and it worked, which caused a bit of minor paperwork once back home. I don't need full "meet and greet" but I'd pay someone EU5 to be my RER ticket sherpa. (actually, they sell the tickets in a kiosk that's right behind you, but the line can be crushing.)

pilotct May 21, 2019 7:00 pm

All - I値l be traveling to CDG in J on AF from JFK and connecting to an AF flight to Budapest. I値l have one hour and 20 minutes to get from 2E to 2F. Do you think the priority services will be enough or should I think about one of the VIP services? I should add that our flight arrives at CDG at 05:40.

Goldorak May 23, 2019 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by pilotct (Post 31125678)
All - I値l be traveling to CDG in J on AF from JFK and connecting to an AF flight to Budapest. I値l have one hour and 20 minutes to get from 2E to 2F. Do you think the priority services will be enough or should I think about one of the VIP services? I should add that our flight arrives at CDG at 05:40.

no need for the VIP services. :)

ajeleonard May 23, 2019 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by pilotct (Post 31125678)

You don't even need Sky Priority to make this connection

pilotct May 24, 2019 12:30 pm

Thanks for the insight folks