Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

CDG-Paris 8eme Flat Rate Taxi?

Old Mar 31, 19, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)

Is there still a flat rate from CDG to the huitième? How much? Can they surcharge you for luggage? Is a tip expected?

Merci de votre aide.
Old Apr 1, 19, 9:36 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini, Le Club AccorHotels, Rosewood Elite, Shangri-La, Four Seasons PP, etc.
There is still a flat rate - usually 50-55 Euros, depending on whether to the right or left bank. I think there's a pick up fee of around 4 euros, and 7 euros if you reserve in advance. No surcharge for luggage and tip isn't expected, however if the driver's helped you with luggage etc., you can give them a 5-10%.
Old Apr 1, 19, 9:37 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini, Le Club AccorHotels, Rosewood Elite, Shangri-La, Four Seasons PP, etc.
Also, the rates increase during sundays, holidays, and night hours. I've paid up to 70 euros after 7pm.
Old Apr 1, 19, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by kmora View Post
Also, the rates increase during sundays, holidays, and night hours. I've paid up to 70 euros after 7pm.
Not since they put in flat rates a couple of years ago.

Just go to the taxi line at CDG. The rate is €50 flat to anywhere on the right bank, €55 to the left bank. Luggage included, up to 4 pieces I think. No need to reserve.Tip of a couple of Euros is appreciated.

I suggest asking for a taxi G7 which I have found to be more reliable.
Landing Gear likes this.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Apr 2, 19 at 1:29 am
Old Apr 2, 19, 2:03 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Do not accept offers from clandestine drivers soliciting from within the terminals. Go to the official taxi queue. Rates to Paris (department 75) are fixed as explained by MT in post #4. Give the driver your destination address written on a piece of paper. Vehicle will be assigned according to your needs (luggage is not limited but the driver is not required to load luggage, most do). Drivers are not tipped.

Taxi G7 is the largest dispatcher among the Taxis Parisiens but most cabs are owner operated (overseen by the local Préfecture) and more or less independent form the dispatch provider.
ajGoes and kmora like this.

Search this Thread