Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Paris CDG: Car/limo service from airport to city?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris CDG: Car/limo service from airport to city?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
To clarify a bit, G7 is basically a dispatcher, they do not necessarily operate taxis, but they may operate a few. Most taxis are independently owned and operated, typically by the driver himself. All taxis are licensed and regulated by the Police department, they operate by the same set of rules, and all charge the same rates (there are some unscrupulous drivers).

It is possible to arrange for a Taxi G7 to meet you at the airport but you're paying extra for that which is otherwise, readily available.

Returning to the airport, the fixed fares are the same but the dispatch company, G7 for example, will charge 5€ to send a taxi and 7€ to arrange for a taxi at a later time. The dispatch fees can be avoided if you flag a taxi in the street (the green light on top means it is available), or if you depart from a taxi stand.

Returning to the airport, there are other options as well such as Taxify, Kapten (formally Chauffeur Privé) and of course Uber. It is possible to arrange transportation to the airport through a car service such as Snapcar at rates sometimes lower than taxis and save the dispatch fee (I can´t seem to avoid the opportunity to save a few euros).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: 1MM*G, 1K
www.welcomepickups.com has worked well for us. They are in many European cities. We have used their drivers in Paris and Athens.
rickg523 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaume
www.welcomepickups.com has worked well for us. They are in many European cities. We have used their drivers in Paris and Athens.
I forgot about Welcome Pickups!
I used them in Athens last May. They were super. Bottled water and tote bags for each passenger.
Great recommendation.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Thanks all for your insights and recommendations. Very much appreciated!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Credit Cards?

Tagging onto this thread, do cabs at CDG accept credit cards for trips to Paris?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
All taxis must have the capability to process credit cards. However, ask before you get into the car.
Landing Gear likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Any thoughts on Uber vs. G7 taxi for FOUR passengers w/ carry-on luggage only for an early Saturday morning departure to CDG??? Any real advantage for one or the other?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by geo1005
Any thoughts on Uber vs. G7 taxi for FOUR passengers w/ carry-on luggage only for an early Saturday morning departure to CDG??? Any real advantage for one or the other?
I think we gave you the answer in the other thread !
Old Mar 26, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I think we gave you the answer in the other thread !
Cross-posting is a big FT no no! That was the RER vs. uber/taxi question.

This one is asking if there's any significant advantage to a Taxi or Uber?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by geo1005
Cross-posting is a big FT no no! That was the RER vs. uber/taxi question.

This one is asking if there's any significant advantage to a Taxi or Uber?
Ha ha
price will be the same or close. You can preorder the taxi (with a 7€ fee I believe). Taxi can take bus lanes, but on early Saturday morning, that will not make any difference.
geo1005 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:07 am

Thank you Goldorack!
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
If you reserve via american express, they will get yo one. About $100 but well worth it
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Gadot
If you reserve via american express, they will get yo one. About $100 but well worth it
Sorry ... not sure that I follow. What exactly are you referring to?

If you reserve 'what' via American Express? Do you mean if you reserve your flights with Amex Travel? Or if you reserve a car service through them? Do you mean through American Express Travel, or through the American Express Plat credit card concierge? Or something else to do with Amex?

And what exactly do Amex give you? (The last post - above - was about reserving a G7 Taxi??)
ajGoes likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Sorry ... not sure that I follow. What exactly are you referring to?

If you reserve 'what' via American Express? Do you mean if you reserve your flights with Amex Travel? Or if you reserve a car service through them? Do you mean through American Express Travel, or through the American Express Plat credit card concierge? Or something else to do with Amex?

And what exactly do Amex give you? (The last post - above - was about reserving a G7 Taxi??)
you can reserve via plat travel (and I am sure also with concierge) a private car to greet you and take you to your place
bon voyages
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I am flying into CDG using Air France and will book a van to take my family to our lodging (5 of us; three small kids). It’s an 8 person van and my mother in law and sister in law are flying in around the same time using AA. Should I try to coordinate the dual pickup? Would a rendezvous be difficult R CDg? Or should I just plan on then making their own way?

fdw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.