Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

16 hour layover at CDG

16 hour layover at CDG

Old Feb 17, 19, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Enjoy !!
yes the weather is just incredible for february. Have a good lunch on a café terrace under the sun.
Old Feb 24, 19, 12:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Just wanted to give an update: Landed at CDG early morning, took the train to St-Michel-Notre-Dame-De-Paris, visited the Cathedral, then went to Ile St-Louis, walked along the Seine up to the Louvre, then walked all the way to the Arc-de-Triomphe, then down to the Eiffel Tower. Then took the hop-on, hop-off bus for a loop to relax, got off near Galleries Lafayette to do some shopping, got back on the buss and got off at Notre-Dame for some dinner and then took the train back to the airport. Went to the Air France lounge to buy access before my flight but the attendant said they were too busy and wouldn't let me so I just tried to stay awake at the airport until my flight to South Africa. It was long busy day but I enjoyed it. The weather was wonderful!
Goldorak, Zeeb, ajGoes and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What airlines? The Sheraton only makes sense if you're using T2 and even then, IMO it would be nicer to do a day rate at a downtown hotel so that you can come back to the room to rest if desired in the middle of the day. I'd pick something very close (walkable with whatever luggage you'll have then) to a RER station on the line from the airport or CDG airport bus stop that's also close to some stuff you want to do.

I'm not sure what downtown hotels offer day rates. You might need to contact the hotel directly if you can't find something on a chain hotel's website. Pay attention or negotiate the specific hours that you'll want the room; standard day use rates often are 9 am to 4 pm.
Old Feb 24, 19, 11:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
What airlines? The Sheraton only makes sense if you're using T2 and even then, IMO it would be nicer to do a day rate at a downtown hotel so that you can come back to the room to rest if desired in the middle of the day. I'd pick something very close (walkable with whatever luggage you'll have then) to a RER station on the line from the airport or CDG airport bus stop that's also close to some stuff you want to do.

I'm not sure what downtown hotels offer day rates. You might need to contact the hotel directly if you can't find something on a chain hotel's website. Pay attention or negotiate the specific hours that you'll want the room; standard day use rates often are 9 am to 4 pm.

you didn't read the rest of the thread lol
Old Mar 23, 19, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Kind of the same question. I'm looking at Slovenia and Croatia in early October and 1 of the flights has a 22 hr layover in CDG. We will arrive at 5:10 (hopefully check bags all the way through to ATL) then plan to take the train into Paris , dinner, stay downtown and catch the train back in the am for our 1:30 departure. what area of Paris has the most direct train access?
ajGoes likes this.
Old Mar 23, 19, 11:22 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Look for places near an RER B station. There are lots of options.
Old Mar 23, 19, 2:00 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini, Le Club AccorHotels, Rosewood Elite, Shangri-La, Four Seasons PP, etc.
RER B takes you straight to St Michel, across from Notre Dame literally. Plenty to do around.
Old Mar 23, 19, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tuono07 View Post
Kind of the same question. I'm looking at Slovenia and Croatia in early October and 1 of the flights has a 22 hr layover in CDG. We will arrive at 5:10 (hopefully check bags all the way through to ATL) then plan to take the train into Paris , dinner, stay downtown and catch the train back in the am for our 1:30 departure. what area of Paris has the most direct train access?
With such a long and overnight layover, you’ll have to collect your bags in Paris and re-check them the next day.
Old Mar 23, 19, 6:38 pm

I thought under 24 hours they might check through?
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:17 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
You can ask but Goldorak is correct.
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:29 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mcbg1 View Post
you didn't read the rest of the thread lol
I realize that the OP has already taken the trip and in fact has departed on AF (not immediately obvious what airline/terminal for the arriving flight and I'm not going to re-read the thread to check), but information on FT is for the benefit of everyone who at some point wants to check information about the same general question. I don't post specifically to help the OP and only the OP.
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by tuono07 View Post
I think I just answered this question in detail within the last few hours. Did you also post in some other forum?
Old Mar 24, 19, 1:40 pm

I may have. Sorry was up late🤪

Search this Thread
Search Engine: