Search

Where to Eat - Paris?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Where to Eat - Paris?

Folks,

My apologies if this has been covered. Doing a search, yielded results from 2009, but nothing more recent.

I'd love to get some suggestions on some must try restaurants in Paris for my trip next week. My fiance and I love most cuisines, and would love some ideas. Also, what is the typical dress code for dinner? We are open to fancy/smart casual/casual, just need to know if i need a suit or just a sport jacket/blazer for dinner. Are nice jeans and say a dress shirt/sweater acceptable?

Thank you in advance!
nickohrn likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:42 pm

There are obviously tons of restaurants in Paris - from small cafes to super fancy eateries and everything in between. Almost everything we ate was delicious, but the one restaurant that I recommend to anyone I know who is going to be in the city is Chez Monsieur. We had one of the best meals ever for a relatively reasonable price. You'll be fine with no jacket - the only other American couple in the restaurant could hardly have been considered to be dressed in smart casual. The restaurant is relatively small and their hours are minimal, so I'd recommend asking your concierge to get you a reservation. Our meal basically lasted from open to close.

My wife had the veal stew (their specialty) and I had the lamb. Both were amazing. Start with the escargot if you enjoy the dish or are willing to give it a try. It was out of this world tasty.

If you like chocolate, stop by Angelina and get their drinking chocolate. One of my favorite things about Paris.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nickohrn
There are obviously tons of restaurants in Paris - from small cafes to super fancy eateries and everything in between. Almost everything we ate was delicious, but the one restaurant that I recommend to anyone I know who is going to be in the city is Chez Monsieur. We had one of the best meals ever for a relatively reasonable price. You'll be fine with no jacket - the only other American couple in the restaurant could hardly have been considered to be dressed in smart casual. The restaurant is relatively small and their hours are minimal, so I'd recommend asking your concierge to get you a reservation. Our meal basically lasted from open to close.

My wife had the veal stew (their specialty) and I had the lamb. Both were amazing. Start with the escargot if you enjoy the dish or are willing to give it a try. It was out of this world tasty.

If you like chocolate, stop by Angelina and get their drinking chocolate. One of my favorite things about Paris.
Sounds fantastic, I will put this on our list! Appreciate the reply.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:34 pm

This thread was started in 2015 and has some recent updates. good quality bistros/restaurants paris

Based on recommendations in that thread, I tried Les Bouquinistes a couple of years ago and had a fantastic meal. Dress would be smart casual. One of my favorite finds from that trip was Les Enfants Perdus which has more of a neighborhood feel and the food is very good; casual (jeans)/smart casual. Was just in Paris again last month and had an amazing meal at La Bourse et la Vie (jeans & a nice sweater or button-up would be fine here, really it's fine most places). All these would require a reservation. Les Bouquinistes and La Bourse do them online, I think Les Enfants is still phone only.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Places I enjoyed on my most recent trip:

Ty Breiz in the 15th for excellent crepes.

Le Cosi in the 5th for hearty Corsican food.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
Disclosure: I dislike modern and fancy restaurants and seek out places that serve traditional dishes, something you would find at a mères lyonnaises restaurant or a country inn. With that in mind, here are a couple places I can recommend in central Paris: A La Biche Au Bois, Le Trumilou, Bistrot Paul Chene (I had my best meal in Paris here but they have recently changed ownership/chef, so I am not sure if they are as great as they used to be).
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Thank you all! Leaving tonight, very excited!
ajGoes likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by 757FO
Bon séjour et bon appétit !
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:16 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
My apologies if this has been covered. Doing a search, yielded results from 2009, but nothing more recent.
Here is a more recent thread:
obscure2k likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: Many
https://www.slate.fr/story/169281/ne...-paris-bistrot

Use Google Translate if needed. All very good ones.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Enjoy
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
This is my favorite spot in our neighborhood:
Restaurant L'Alsacien - Bar à flammekueche à Paris et Besançon - L'Alsacien

Great flammekueche.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
This is my favorite spot in our neighborhood:
Restaurant L'Alsacien - Bar à flammekueche à Paris et Besançon - L'Alsacien

Great flammekueche.
Looks like I missed some great opportunities on this summer's sojourn in Paris. I didn't know what "flammekeuche" was and didn't try any of the places offering it.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ajGoes
Looks like I missed some great opportunities on this summer's sojourn in Paris. I didn't know what "flammekeuche" was and didn't try any of the places offering it.
If it weren't for that, my kids might have starved when we visited the Alsace region when they were younger.
ajGoes and Hoyaheel like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ajGoes
Looks like I missed some great opportunities on this summer's sojourn in Paris.
Definitely. So you must come back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.