Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Applepay and kids recommendations

Old Oct 21, 18, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Quick surprise birthday trip for 10 year old for 4 days to Paris at the end of December. Staying in the 6th. Any recommendations?

Also specificaly wondering about the ability to use Apple Pay. Really prefer it to having to use chip and signature. Thanks in advance
Old Oct 21, 18, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
My twelve-year-old grandson was enchanted by the indescribable Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature.
Old Oct 22, 18, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
So far I haven't seen apple pay being used anywhere.
Old Oct 23, 18, 8:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, contactless seemed to work only occasionally, with the machines seeming to require PINs more often than not. So I would assume that the same applies for Applepay which I understand is even more limited than normal contactless.
Old Nov 22, 18, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lhrsfo View Post
When I was there a couple of weeks ago, contactless seemed to work only occasionally, with the machines seeming to require PINs more often than not. So I would assume that the same applies for Applepay which I understand is even more limited than normal contactless.
In theory it should be accepted in the same places and potentially for more transactions than standard contactless if the terminal's configured properly (as there's typically no limit for mobile wallets). Visa/MC are also mandating 100% merchant acceptance of contactless Europe-wide, so I suspect that any issues will sort themselves out in a couple of years--probably too late for OP's trip, anyway.

Search this Thread