Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Access to a gym in Paris near Luxembourg RER

Old Sep 25, 18, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

My boutique hotel in the 6th Arr in Paris is about a 5 minute walk north of the Luxembourg RER station and has no workout room. I have spondylolisthesis which is a lower back condition. If possible in each of the 4 full days I'll be in Paris, I would like to go to a gym in the morning for an hour to do stretching and abdominal strength training exercises using a big rubber exercise ball, a table and access to a big gym mat. I can always shower in my hotel room; I just want a place to do my exercises and strength training near my hotel.

Does anybody have an recommendations and an idea of the cost per day? Thank you very much.
Old Sep 26, 18, 9:55 pm

Does the hotel concierge have any suggestions?
Old Sep 27, 18, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
My thought exactly. Also a quick Google search turned up three, each within 20 mins walk.
Old Sep 27, 18, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
I haven't asked as I wanted to try here first.
Old Sep 28, 18, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Is it one of the hotels that you asked about?

There are a few yoga places and there is a gym further down the road on Blvd St Germain, Health City.

Let me think more about it. I will check out the area when am there next.
Old Sep 29, 18, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yahillwe View Post
Is it one of the hotels that you asked about?

There are a few yoga places and there is a gym further down the road on Blvd St Germain, Health City.

Let me think more about it. I will check out the area when am there next.
Yes it is. Thank you so much.
Old Oct 3, 18, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
I went around the area, by the gardens, and asked around. There is nothing nearby, the only places are Health City down Blvd St. Germain, and a few yoga centers. Otherwise there is the city ones, but am not sure you want to go there, way too complicated to get a day pass.
Old Oct 5, 18, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yahillwe View Post
I went around the area, by the gardens, and asked around. There is nothing nearby, the only places are Health City down Blvd St. Germain, and a few yoga centers. Otherwise there is the city ones, but am not sure you want to go there, way too complicated to get a day pass.
Thank you very much for taking the time to do that. I learned a few stretching and core strengthening exercises that I can do outside of a gym so I will depend on them. Again, thanks Yahillwe!
Old Oct 7, 18, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A good resource for pay-per-visit gyms in France is gymlib.com. Nearest gym they list, apart from the already mentioned Health City are CMG Sports Club one Montparnasse, CMG Sports Club one Denfert and Keep Cool Denfert. All are accessible with a short-ish bus ride but nonetheless still some distance from the Luxembourg RER. It also lists a Yoga place near Port-Royal and a number of dance-based classes around the area if that is of any use.
Analise likes this.

Search this Thread