FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   France and Monaco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco-467/)
-   -   Time needed through CDG on two itineraries? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco/1924273-time-needed-through-cdg-two-itineraries.html)

Flaviom Aug 9, 2018 1:15 am

Time needed through CDG on two itineraries?

Guys, please assist me in understanding if this plan would work. I'm planning on visiting Munich in Late September/Early October. I am looking at leaving MUC to CDG on LH2226 and arrive at 8:05 AM on October 6. I would then have to get over to AA (Terminal 2A?) to hop on AA 63 from CDG to MIA departing at 11:55 AM. I will have just a 21" carry-on with me. Maybe a small laptop in a case.

I found an AA webpage that recommends I get there four hours early. How much risk would I take on booking LH2226 and are there any red flags you guys see in this plan?

Thanks!

thibderoc Aug 10, 2018 9:31 am

If LH2226 arrives at 08:05, there is no pb. The real red flag is only if the MUC-CDG flight is delayed (and I assume it will be on 2 separate tickets)

Goldorak Aug 10, 2018 4:37 pm

No problem. With almost 4 hrs, you can even afford a 1hr delay from MUC.

Mountain Trader Aug 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Does anyone really think AA gate agents are at their stations 4 hours before a flight at CDG?

Maybe go go a couple of days ahead just to be sure.

Tamino Aug 19, 2018 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader (Post 30072597)
Does anyone really think AA gate agents are at their stations 4 hours before a flight at CDG?

Maybe go go a couple of days ahead just to be sure.

Yes I believe that there are agents available to check in passengers at AA 4 hours before a flight at CDG. The agents are typically contract people, probably not specifically AA staff though I am sure that there are at least some AA supervisors available.

The 4 hour suggestion comes directly from AA. Passengers with status of some kind and who receive special handling will not need 4 hours but not everyone flies first class and CDG is, in my opinion, not the airport at which one should push the time envelope.

I personally would not feel comfortable with a 3+50 connect time at CDG using separate PNRs. However, everyone has his own individual tolerance for risk.

Mountain Trader Aug 19, 2018 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tamino (Post 30100303)
Yes I believe that there are agents available to check in passengers at AA 4 hours before a flight at CDG. The agents are typically contract people, probably not specifically AA staff though I am sure that there are at least some AA supervisors available.

The 4 hour suggestion comes directly from AA. Passengers with status of some kind and who receive special handling will not need 4 hours but not everyone flies first class and CDG is, in my opinion, not the airport at which one should push the time envelope.

I personally would not feel comfortable with a 3+50 connect time at CDG using separate PNRs. However, everyone has his own individual tolerance for risk.

Allowances for separate ticket connections and general instructions are two different matters, Connections depend on incoming flight times, changing gates and perhaps terminals, and perhaps reclaiming luggage and going through security.

Just taking a plane has much fewer variables and 4 hours at CDG is just silly.