Wiki Posts
Search

NCE security

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
NCE security

Hey - flying BA tomorrow on the 1120 from NCE to LGW - is it likely to be a zoo getting through security? I've tried googling, which hasn't yielded much other than the fact that I'm not going to get access to premium security at NCE for CE passengers...
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:53 am

You can just pay for premium security at Nice. That’s what we always do when we travel through - you get to use the lane reserved for crew and it’s very quick. BA are just cheap and don’t pay for it for their premium passengers.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:00 am

I must have been to nice about 20 times in the last couple of years. Since terminal one was re-configured, I don’t think I’ve ever waited more than 5 mins for security at Nice, it’s usually very efficient.

As a side note, You also have to potentially queue again to get into the non Schengen part of the departures area, again not usually more than 5 mins in my experience.

Last edited by Joshm300; Jun 17, 2018 at 10:09 am
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
It's very quick, was through last week. There was a rather sleepy looking person at the passport desks, through very quickly too. The lounge isn't wonderful though, you don't want to be heading through too soon. Pot noodles and rather poor sandwiches.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Confirm others’ point that even without fast track and even on peak dates, security at NCE is typically very fast and efficient
Boyfrombiot likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:12 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
fast and efficient, IMO is not worth to pay for the priority lane
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by jonjparr
You can just pay for premium security at Nice. That’s what we always do when we travel through - you get to use the lane reserved for crew and it’s very quick. BA are just cheap and don’t pay for it for their premium passengers.
At NCE this is run by the airport for the benefit of their frequent fliers (they have a scheme you can join) and as a one-off purchase that can be made for 10EUR. I don't think it is offered to airlines as a option they can purchase (perhaps with an exception of long haul flights).

As an side NCE security is usually OK. The only time I have seen chaos is post terrorism crack downs and some (but by no means all) strikes. I would say paying for virtually nothing is a waste of money.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Came through yesterday, 10 mins in security then straight through to non Schengen as there was no one on duty
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by FrancisA
At NCE this is run by the airport for the benefit of their frequent fliers (they have a scheme you can join) and as a one-off purchase that can be made for 10EUR. I don't think it is offered to airlines as a option they can purchase (perhaps with an exception of long haul flights).

As an side NCE security is usually OK. The only time I have seen chaos is post terrorism crack downs and some (but by no means all) strikes. I would say paying for virtually nothing is a waste of money.
Each time I travel through Nice is with my family and anything I can do to expedite the process of security with a 3 year old and all the paraphernalia that comes along with them is to me money well spent. I've done both regular and the paid for premium and the premium was altogether a better and more relaxing experience.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by FrancisA
(bolding mine) Sorry but that is completely incorrect. Nice airport does indeed offer its own fast track system (called Nice Airport Premier) which is free for anyone who joins and takes 10 flights from NCE each year, but that is an entirely separate lane from the regular fast track lane which is available for airlines and indeed subscribed to by most of them (including U2!) including the vast majority of short haul airlines. It is also available on a paid basis for those who want.

I'm afraid that the post you quote and notably the part that you put in bold was entirely correct. BA are cheap and chose not to pay for this whilst most other airlines do.
msm2000uk and jp-mco like this.

Last edited by orbitmic; Jun 17, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks all, this is really helpful
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:52 pm
Suspended

In a part of the world where almost nothing especially customer service works well with one exception it is hard to imagine how the airport could be improved. Security takes almost no time with staff who are invariably pleasant and even like to share a joke which is pretty much unknown elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.