Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

New security checks at CDG going to USA?

Old Dec 12, 17, 3:55 am
Original Poster

I have been reading about some new security checks being placed on travelers from Europe to the US. Does anyone have recent experience at CDG with this?

I'm on the 10h10 Delta flight this Saturday to Seattle. I have Delta Silver so no Sky Priority at CDG. (I also have Global Access, but don't know if there is any benefit for the new security at this end.) Sometimes they do let me pass. on the SP lines, but I think Delta or Air France now has two new, separate lines for these flights.

As recently as last April I was arriving at CDG 2 hours before my flight and typically had an hour to spare. I am wondering if this is now enough.
Old Dec 12, 17, 4:48 am

I passed through CDG going to ORD a few days ago. The only change I noticed was that when passports are checked by airline staff, they enter into meaningless banter about nothing in particular, supposedly to assess you overall threat potential.

I didnīt really feel motived to discuss my food preferences with a stranger at the airport but there it is.
Old Dec 12, 17, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Tamino. That's what I'd hope to hear.
Old Dec 12, 17, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by randysea View Post
I'm on the 10h10 Delta flight this Saturday to Seattle.

As recently as last April I was arriving at CDG 2 hours before my flight and typically had an hour to spare. I am wondering if this is now enough.
This is the busiest bank of the Skyteam hub at CDG (called P2 bank) and immigration can take forever. As you have no SkyP access, 2 hrs is very risky. Plan 3 hrs.
Old Dec 13, 17, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hertz PC, BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
This is the busiest bank of the Skyteam hub at CDG (called P2 bank) and immigration can take forever. As you have no SkyP access, 2 hrs is very risky. Plan 3 hrs.
Not sure why Immigration is an issue here. The OP is departing Paris and will only encounter immigration in SEA.
Old Dec 13, 17, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by lhrsfo View Post
Not sure why Immigration is an issue here. The OP is departing Paris and will only encounter immigration in SEA.
never heard about immigration control to leave the Schengen area ?
Old Dec 14, 17, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond

never heard about immigration control to leave the Schengen area ?

When leaving from France to a non-Schengen country, you always have to go through immigration, even when going on the Eurostar to the UK.
Old Dec 14, 17, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Yahillwe View Post
When leaving from France to a non-Schengen country, you always have to go through immigration, even when going on the Eurostar to the UK.
I think that was the point, and why the question mark was where it was. The rhetorical question was built on the assumption that lhrsfo also knows that there is Schengen exit passport control. Emigration control vs immigration control. But immigration control generally is taken to include migration, be it immigration or emigration.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Dec 15, 17, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Yahillwe View Post
I know, hence the question mark at the end of the sentence.
Old Dec 15, 17, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
I think that was the point, and why the question mark was where it was. The rhetorical question was built on the assumption that lhrsfo also knows that there is Schengen exit passport control. Emigration control vs immigration control. But immigration control generally is taken to include migration, be it immigration or emigration.

I know, hence the question mark at the end of the sentence.

Apologies, reading late at night and without glasses.