Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG connection 2A to 1 and back

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I’m glad you made it but your story is reminding us how risky it can be to travel on separate tickets on different airlines/alliances, especially during winter.

Originally Posted by matt85
I quickly booked an Air France flight with very similar timing. Hopefully LH will cover the cost of that expensive ticket, and they likely will as the EU cancellation penalty should apply.
I understand you booked AF on your own without involving LH ? In that case I’m not sure they will cover the AF flight booked by you as you should have asked them to do it. But of course, try and please let us know.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by matt85
My FRA-CDG flight got cancelled late night before the very early departure. I quickly booked an Air France flight with very similar timing. Hopefully LH will cover the cost of that expensive ticket, and they likely will as the EU cancellation penalty should apply.
Was this yesterday, when plenty of flights were cancelled due to snow and ice? In that case you won't be getting EC261. But you should find out the cause for the cancellation. LH will fight payment for anything that is outside its immediate control.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Was this yesterday, when plenty of flights were cancelled due to snow and ice? In that case you won't be getting EC261. But you should find out the cause for the cancellation. LH will fight payment for anything that is outside its immediate control.
It was in the morning, and one of the only two flights leaving FRA cancelled at that time. No snow/ice to be seen at that point. When they cancelled late night before, they were mentioning an equipment change as the reason.
And I tried to involve LH before booking alternative, but didn't get through their hotline after waiting a whole hour. It should actually not matter, as they would not refund the AF ticket but would have to pay the 250 EUR late cancellation penalty plus refund the ticket, which should come out pretty close to the AF ticket price. Still waiting on them getting back to me on that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.