Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

CDG Same Terminal [1] Transfer

Old Oct 5, 17, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

I'm considering purchasing a ticket on A3 to CDG with an immediate turnaround. A3 uses T1 at CDG and according to their website, T1-T1 connections should take 15-30 minutes. The time between arrival of the A3 flight and departure of the return is 45 minutes. I'm unable to purchase the itinerary as a round-trip on the same ticket probably because of the short layover, so it will have to be done as 2 one-ways, however, I wanted to know what the situation is like at T1 - do airlines, specifically, A3 actually park at the terminal or at a remote stand and are then bused there. I'm inclined to take a shot at it as it seems doable - this is the last flight of the day and if I had to get a later one, I'd have to overnight in Paris. If A3 parks at the terminal, are arriving and departing passengers separated? Also, not sure of A3's policy - but if someone can advise - will A3 allow me to remain on the plane if I'm checked in and have a boarding pass for the return flight?
Old Oct 6, 17, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Please follow the redirect as we move this query.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Oct 10, 17, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
A3 flights are usually parked at a gate. Arriving and departing pax are segregated but it will be very easy to turnaround, providing you are checked-in for the return flight and have only carry-ons. When you disembark, do not take the moving walkway going to arrivals but just go through security in the satellite you just arrived in, and then you’ll be in the departing lounge in 5 min.

Search this Thread