Reload this Page >

Hotels Recs in Paris - Sept 28 - Oct 1

Old Aug 1, 17, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat / Marriott Gold / SPG Gold

Greetings All,

I am planning to be in Paris for work and considering staying over for a weekend of exploring. Anybody have any recommendations for reasonably priced hotels in good locations (central to museums and sites)? I briefly searched Hilton, Marriott and SPG and most of the results are well over USD400/night. Looking for something about half that if possible, and not necessarily stuck on the big name brands...

Figured I'd throw it out there and see what sticks...

thanks in advance!
KOB
Old Aug 1, 17, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
If you like inexpensive two-star hotels, you're likely to enjoy the Hôtel Studia. I enjoyed breakfasts there as a chance to chat with other guests, but you'll get much better food at one of the nearby restaurants.

Unless you're very tolerant of noise, be sure to get a room over the courtyard. The Boul. St.-Germain traffic is very noisy.
Old Aug 7, 17, 10:27 am

Programs: Last 1K flight 1/21/11; fun while it lasted, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 &
My family really likes Hotel Magda Etoile. I checked your dates; looks like $500 total for three nights.

If you want something very inexpensive and functional, I've stayed at 2 different Ibis Styles the past two years, and both really surprised me with their quality, value and friendliness. Neither were in the heart of Paris; could be a different experience there.

Don't worry about proximity to museums. Proximity to Metro is more important. And beware the Louvre. Unless you have unlimited time on your hands, have an agenda and an amount of time. Get in, see, get out. It can trap you. :-)

Search this Thread