Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Separate Flights but same terminal at CDG

Old Apr 11, 17, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm traveling to Paris via Air Canada from Toronto, arriving at Charles de Gaulle at 8:45am. Then I have to catch a separate flight at 10:30am on British Airways to London, UK. We're both only traveling with carry-ons and both of these flights arrive and depart at terminal 2A. Is it safe to assume that when we leave our Air Canada flight we just wait in Terminal 2A until we can board our flight to London on British Airways? We won't have to go through security or immigration/customs, will we?

Thanks for any info!
Old Apr 11, 17, 12:25 pm

Is this all on one ticket or did you book separate?

Not 100% sure, but I think since you are going to a non-schengen country, you will have to go through immigration.

When you leave your flight, I don't think you can just hang around, you may be funneled to passport control. You should see a sign for connections or "Correspondances".

Never come in through 2A though.
Old Apr 11, 17, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Our tickets were purchased separately, not as one ticket. We can check-in online ahead of time for our BA flight and have our digital boarding passes on us. I was told that we would have to go through security, but wouldn't have to go through immigration because we're transiting from a non-Schengen country to a non-Schengen country. Just wondering if anyone knew if that was correct. Thanks.
Old Apr 11, 17, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus
I'd urge you to change the reservations if possible. If you don't make your flight from CDG, you'll be at the mercy of BA. They'll have no obligation to rebook you and can simply cancel your reservation if you miss the outbound flight. I think your connection is tight even if your Air Canada flight arrives on time.

According to CDG's site, you have to go through security but not passport control when in transit between two non-Schengen countries (Canada and the UK in your case). The site recommends at least 60 minutes for connections within terminal 2, so if all goes perfectly you may have 45 minutes to get to the BA gate.

Last edited by ajGoes; Apr 11, 17 at 3:35 pm Reason: Correct the terminal number.
Old Apr 14, 17, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
If you already bought the tickets, don't sweat it.
No immigration since you are going non-S to non-S
There will definitely be security but you do not have to wait for luggage.
You have 1:45 hours and it should be OK
Needless to say if your AC flight is 5 hours late then so be it.
You will be at the mercy of BA. I assume there are many BA flights that day and you can probably beg a little and they can accommodate you

Search this Thread