Reload this Page >

CDG Car Rental Return question

Old Mar 19, 17, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK

Hello all...

We have an early flight out of CDG terminal 2A, so will be staying at CDG the prior night and plan to return the Hertz rental car.

It looks like most of the hotels are by Terminal 3 (including the ones we're considering, either the Hilton or Ibis Styles).

Is the easiest thing to drop off the Hertz car at terminal 2, and then take the CDGVAL to Terminal 3 to walk to the hotel?

Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 17, 5:42 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
If the rental company you are using has a terminal 3 drop off, that would be my first choice. Other than that, it makes little difference which terminal you use for drop off, 1 or 2. After leaving the car, just take the CDGVAL to Roissypôle where most of the hotels are located.
Old Mar 22, 17, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
if you are arriving late check to see if the Hertz counter is open.
I remember a few years ago, Avis counter was closed at 6 am in the morning.
Old Apr 25, 17, 6:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue
The terminal 1 dropoff in the upper parking structure is probably easier. You still have to take the CDGVal if you are staying in one of those hotels, but it is much closer.
Old Apr 25, 17, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Departing from 2A, you can consider staying at the Sheraton which is right in the middle of T2 complex.
Old May 1, 17, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by kerouac2 View Post
The terminal 1 dropoff in the upper parking structure is probably easier. You still have to take the CDGVal if you are staying in one of those hotels, but it is much closer.
Yes, from the T1 rental car parkings to CDGVal is a lot easier than from the T2 ones. But check T3 first.
Old May 1, 17, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
Yes, from the T1 rental car parkings to CDGVal is a lot easier than from the T2 ones. But check T3 first.
T3 is not on the CDGVAL. It is served by a bus which I find much less convenient.
Old May 1, 17, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
T3 is not on the CDGVAL. It is served by a bus which I find much less convenient.
Terminal 3 is a few minutes walking (on a covered path) from the Roissypôle CDGVal stop. So in practice, it is closer to a CDGVal stop than for instance T2A or T2B.

You might be confusing T3 with T2G.
Old May 1, 17, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Koby View Post
Terminal 3 is a few minutes walking (on a covered path) from the Roissypôle CDGVal stop. So in practice, it is closer to a CDGVal stop than for instance T2A or T2B.

You might be confusing T3 with T2G.
You are correct-my answer was incomplete.

T3 is served by a bus from Roissypole. One can also walk the path, which is about 8 minutes and goes through a tunnel under a busy road.

We have taken the bus each time as the covering over the path isn't much help in any kind of weather. Close indoors vs. close outdoors.
Old May 1, 17, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
T3 is served by a bus from Roissypole.
I have to take your word on that - because I have never seen it and cannot find information on it. But given that the Roissypôle busstop is about 2 minutes from terminal 3 on foot (just crossing underneath the highway through that tunnel) I really don't see the point of having a bus for that route.

Search this Thread