Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

One Night Stop Over - Best CDG Hotel?

Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Hi... staying in Paris for 1 night and would like to stay at a hotel close to CDG. Which one you would recommend. I get there at 7:50 and leave at 7:30 next day.

Proximity to airport is number 1 priority.

Thanks,
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by ReallyNotFrequentFlyer
Hi... staying in Paris for 1 night and would like to stay at a hotel close to CDG. Which one you would recommend. I get there at 7:50 and leave at 7:30 next day.

Thanks,
I would refine that to say 'ease of access is the number one priority'. For me, at CDG that means avoiding vans, which are often crowded (or full) and big time wasters.

Assuming the in-airport Sheraton is too expensive for you (as it is for many), I'd go with one of the hotels at Roissypole, which has an automatic train that can get you to either Terminal 1 or 2 in a few minutes. Roissypole hotels include a Hilton, Novotel, Ibis and Citizen M. I think there's another under construction but I don't know the status.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Thanks,
Is that 7:50 pm arrival and 7:30 am departure? Or do you arrive at 7:50 AM???

The Sheraton is excellent if your flights arrive and depart from T2 at CDG. For T1 or T3 it's much less of an advantage and I would instead pick a hotel with direct transportation to/from the correct terminal. It also might be less attractive if you're not SPG Plat and hence entitled to lounge access, which includes free house wine.

BTW, from T2, most of the hotel shuttles seem to be shared free public buses that don't necessarily keep to their schedules very well. The hotel bus stop is on the rooftop, one floor up from departures using a slow elevator that might not be working when you need it.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 26, 2017 at 9:56 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: FB Ultimate - BA EC - LH M&M - Accor All Gold

Thanks,
Hello,
There's also an airside hotel in CDG 2E now (Yotel).
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Thank you all. Will be there from 7:50am to 7:30 am. I made the stopover 24hrs just to see Paris and so I would like to get into and out of a hotel ASAP.

I will probably go with Hilton or Novotel. Can't really justify the Sheraton price for 1 night.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:19 pm

In that case, Novotel or Hilton (or any of the other hotels at Roissypôle, as mentioned by Mountain Trader) are a good choice: the terminal 1 RER station (which isn't actually at terminal 1) is right next door - perfect to get into Paris.

I have been staying at the Nomad hotel recently, because I like the concept, and the better than average restaurant next door - called Nautilius. But getting there does involve a shuttle bus from terminal 2, so I only stay there when I don't have to worry about the extra travel time. And since you want to get into Paris probably not a good choice...
Old Jan 24, 2017, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The brand new Pullman in Roissypole is now considered as the best hotel in CDG. 2 stops by CDGVAL from Terminal 2
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
The brand new Pullman in Roissypole is now considered as the best hotel in CDG. 2 stops by CDGVAL from Terminal 2
I hope Accord has changed some of its practices for the new Pullman. When I last went in the nearby Novotel, the employees acted like guests arriving interupted an otherwise pleasnt evening. Also, does Accord still advertise free internet, which at check-in turns out to be too slow to do much more than ckeck email? Of course, they offer to upsell a higher speed.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Been looking at reviews between Novotel/Hilton/Ibis and none of them seem to be that good.

Any recommendations? Or should I just pay the extra for Pullman? I stayed at the Novotel years ago but that was before I started traveling and don't quite remember the quality of the room.

Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 11:22 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Can't really justify the Sheraton price for 1 night.
In late September, I got the Sheraton for $85, including all fees and taxes, when I made a blind booking through Hotwire. I don't remember my exact search parameters other than specifying ****.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Been looking at reviews between Novotel/Hilton/Ibis and none of them seem to be that good.

Any recommendations? Or should I just pay the extra for Pullman? I stayed at the Novotel years ago but that was before I started traveling and don't quite remember the quality of the room.

Thanks.
if you just want a bed to sleep, the Ibis is perfectly ok, but when you want something more than a very tiny room and an even tinier bath room, then go for Novotel or Hilton. The Hilton has the nicer building and rooms are larger than Novotel. With same price I would take the Hilton, but to be frank there is no big difference. The advantage of the Novotel is that you don't have to go outside the Roissypole building in case it's raining. I don't know the Pullmann CDG, I know the one at Bercy and compared to the Hilton I would not pay an extra.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:34 am

Thanks.
I think the hundreds of reviews on Trip Advisor would be your best guide.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Again , the Pullman is today the best CDG hotel. It doesn't mean that the Hilton Sheraton, Hyatt are bad but the Pullman is very recently open and so obviously is brand new and has all the modern features for being a very good 4* hotel. And the restaurant of the hotel is good.
It is just one step from the CDGVAL/RER CDG1 station, so even if it is pouring rain, it's no problem.
If you are on budget, an IBIS STYLE (much better that IBIS) is located at the same place as the Pullman and was open at the same date as the Pullman
Old Jan 26, 2017, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

I landed on Hilton. Now I am trying to decide between a regular room with breakfast or an executive room with lounge access? Does the lounge access provide breakfast? If so, I would rather pay the extra $ for a better toom. I will be at 8am and out at 5:30am at latest. I won't take advantage of the exec lounge outside breakfast as I play to be in Paris the rest of the day. I will be there Saturday night so not sure if lounge would even be open on Sunday morning.

Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:54 pm

I landed on Hilton. Now I am trying to decide between a regular room with breakfast or an executive room with lounge access? Does the lounge access provide breakfast? If so, I would rather pay the extra $ for a better toom. I will be at 8am and out at 5:30am at latest. I won't take advantage of the exec lounge outside breakfast as I play to be in Paris the rest of the day. I will be there Saturday night so not sure if lounge would even be open on Sunday morning.

Thanks.
You should read the reviews. HIlton CDG lounge is now shared with all status holders, and is often crowded and not well kept. Leaving at 5:30 am may mean neither breakfast nor lounge is available. Try calling hotel.

This looks like an early contender for most over-thought one night stay of the year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.