Search

CDG Connecting btwn Terminal 2 and Terminal 1

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: EXPLT
CDG Connecting btwn Terminal 2 and Terminal 1

Thx for the input.

Will be arriving CDG on either Delta or American fm the US (arriving terminal 2A or 2E), and connecting to Qatar Airways, departing fm Terminal 1, later in the day. Both flights involve two separate tickets and 2 separate PNR's. Will not be able to obtain QR boarding cards until we get to CDG. Will have 7 hours connecting time in CDG btwn flights, only carry on luggage, no check in luggage. Will have a US permanent resident green card, but no US passport, and no French Schengen visa. CDG is only for transit. Best I can tell, there is no need to obtain an airport transit visa, as US permanent resident card holders do not need one.

Term 2 and Term 1 are two separate buildings, and upon reading info on the ParisAeroport CDG website, it has info for connecting btwn term 2 and 1:

→ Follow signs for «Connecting flights»
If you do not yet have your second boarding pass, go to the company connecting flights desk of your next flight
→ Follow signs for «Terminal 1»
→ Go through the Security checks
→ Take the blue shuttle bus (Navette bleue) to Terminal 2A
Frequency: from 5 am to 11:45 pm
→ From Terminal 2A, take the green shuttle bus (Navette verte) to Terminal 1

Confirm that, when connecting btwn terminal 2 and terminal 1--it is all airside, with no need to go through immigration (again, no checked luggage). Since no Schengen visa, we wont be allowed to clear any sort of immigration, and must remain air side.

We will not have the Qatar Air boarding cards when we land at CDG. Do we need these boarding cards in order to transfer to terminal one? Does Qatar Air have any sort of connections flight desk located anywhere in these transfer areas in term 2 or term 1 so we can pick up our boarding cards to onwards flights? Where would we pick these QR boarding passes? Again -- we cannot clear any sort of immigration..must remain airside.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
I would want to be very sure about being able to proceed as your instructions outline. I don´t understand how you access the connecting passenger routes unless you are a connecting passenger which means someone with a valid ticket in hand. CDG does have free internet, you could try an online checkin for the Qatar flight as soon as you arrive.

You might want to contact Qatar with this specific question and ask for guidance.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:04 am

Even if you can make this connection air-side without having a valid boarding pass for you onward journey, it is on 2 separate tickets, and the airline flying you US-CDG might deny you boarding if you fail to produce a valid Schengen visa.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EXPLT
Thanks for everyone's input. The point about whether or not there might be an issue with the US agents for the flight departing US for CDG--that was a grt point.

All resolved. Below are the details obtained from Paris Aeroport and the specific US Airlines.

Transfer btwn CDG terminal 2 and terminal 1 can be done all airside, so long as no checked luggage. There is an air side bus transfer btwn the two buildings.

QR has a transfer desk in terminal 1, and you can transfer with no problems fm terminal 2. If you have mobile check in on yr phone for QR--then no need at all for any transfer desk.

So long as you can provide documentation for your next flight from CDG to the check in agent in the US for the US-CDG flight, they will not give you any questions if you dont have a Schengen visa.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by b74l
So long as you can provide documentation for your next flight from CDG to the check in agent in the US for the US-CDG flight, they will not give you any questions if you dont have a Schengen visa.
I believe this is wrong and so you should be very careful. I fully agree with Ditto above : if your 2nd ticket is on a different PNR (your case), then it doesn't exist for the 1st US airline and even if you show it to the agent, they will very likely not let you board the 1st flight if you don't have the proper visa to fly US-CDG. Because if anything happens (delay, etc), it is entirely their responsibility to have accepted a pax without the needed Schengen visa and they can be fined by French authorities and they have to fly you back to the US.
There is an important information you never gave since the beginning of this thread : what is your citizenship ?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:44 am

I would agree that you are making assumptions about what a US air carrier may allow. Perhaps it should work as you describe, that you will be a connecting passenger at CDG, but AA or DL will pay the fine and be required to take you back to the US if there is anything that precludes your making a successful connection at CDG.

I would make your full intentions absolutely clear to the US air carrier before you purchased tickets.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In some sense, with separate tickets you're not a connecting passenger.

IIRC Qatar and AA are both oneworld, so isn't it easily possible to get the flights on the same ticket/PNR? Due to the alliance, if you do this, I would suggest starting with AA rather than DL, which has been known to randomly deny boarding in less common situations despite passengers having correct documentation. IIRC AA has some sort of visa desk that agent can call for clarification during the business week, if you're departing from 9-5 on a weekday.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:35 pm

Do you think 65 minutes is enough time to connect from Terminal 2 (Jet Air from India) to Terminal 1 (United). Will be different record locators, but no checked baggage.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Roka
Do you think 65 minutes is enough time to connect from Terminal 2 (Jet Air from India) to Terminal 1 (United). Will be different record locators, but no checked baggage.
Will you be checked-in already with UA ?
If not, unfeasible as limit check-in time with UA will be 1hr before flight. ​
if yes, this is very very risky and I would never do it.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:57 am

Not even close to being a sufficient amount of time. I have spent 60 minutes in the passport control line at terminal 1 on more than one occasion. Most US air carriers suggest your being at the check-in desk at least 3 hours before any scheduled departure. AA was recently suggesting 4 hours.

You might trim these times a bit if you are a First Class passenger or are traveling with status of some kind.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:24 am

I will be checked in and have UA status, although that will be of limited help in Passport control. Are Saturday mornings less busy at CDG?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:28 am

Status can help at passport control but you still do not have anywhere near sufficient time to connect using separate tickets. What do you do if your Jet Air flight is late?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:30 am

Plan B would be to take a later La Compagne or AF flight but I’d prefer to make the UA flight.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Roka
Are Saturday mornings less busy at CDG?
No.
Your plan is a recipe for disaster. Forget about it.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 8:45 am

Making a 3h connection from ADD on ET (arr T2A) to SFO on UA (dep T1) so non-Schengen to non-Schengen. We're *A Gold (UA 1K) and traveling in business class on both flights. One of us is EU citizen with green card, one is US citizen so no visa stuff for CDG. Haven't decided on checked bags yet but endeavoring to make it to *A Lounge in T1 for a shower. What's the route (green bus airside?) & odds of having enough time?

In case UA OLCI glitches and no BP creating need to find a counter, how does the above change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.