FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   France and Monaco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco-467/)
-   -   CDG to Avenue Bosquet (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco/1813887-cdg-avenue-bosquet.html)

mhsqcx081114 Jan 8, 2017 8:38 pm

CDG to Avenue Bosquet

Hi all,

my partner & I will be arriving at CDG on Aug 20 at 730am on SQ336.

We are looking at the cheapest and most convenient way of getting from the airport to our hotel on Avenue Bosquet near the Champ de Mars. Due to surgery, my partner will have some issues with getting her luggage up and down the many stairs when transferring between RER/metro lines.

There is a metro station (Ecole Militaire) on M8 about 200m from the hotel, but getting there from CDG involves at least 2 transfers.

Catching the RER B from CDG to St Michel-Notre Dame, then transferring to RER C and getting off at Pont d'Alma station followed by an 800m walk seems to be the most direct (& probably cheapest) way of getting to the hotel using public transport.

Our hotel has offered a shuttle service from the airport for around 75 euros which seems a bit steep.

As a comparison, what would a taxi approximately cost (on a Sunday morning)?

Any other suggestions?

Cheers.

Tamino Jan 8, 2017 11:15 pm

The cheapest option will never be the most convenient. I might suggest that you take a taxi from the official taxi queue at CDG. Cost is fixed at 55€. No need to tip taxi drivers.

SEA-Flyer Jan 9, 2017 12:46 am

Agree with Tamino. Taxi is the best bet.

Yahillwe Jan 9, 2017 2:37 am

You can take the AirFrance bus to the Etoile, then the 92 to Bosquet-Rapp.

The 92 is 2 euros each, and the AF bus, am not sure but you can get on their web site.

stut Jan 9, 2017 4:47 am

You could hop on the Roissybus to the Opéra, then jump on the Metro direct to École Militaire.

Personally, I'd be tempted to take the RER to St Michel, then just jump in an Uber from wherever you emerge.

roberto99 Jan 9, 2017 11:37 am

OP, I've stayed 4x in hotels very near where you describe. We like that location a lot.

Paris really requires the ability to walk maybe 4 KM each day.

Can your partner walk 4 KM each day?

Can your partner do flights of stairs without a suitcase?

Another transit option to/from CDG is airport shuttle. These are often a pain, however. (like late or no pickup going back to CDG)

feel free to PM for specifics....

Mountain Trader Jan 9, 2017 1:56 pm

With all due respect to other posters, this is an easy call given the OPs statement that they would have trouble with stairs and luggage during transfers.

While you might grind out saving $20-30 with these other solutions, take a cab.

mhsqcx081114 Jan 9, 2017 2:07 pm

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. Looks like taxi it is. I had a hunch that a car of sorts was going to be the easiest option, but I just wanted to compare the taxi fare vs the hotel offering.

In answers to other questions, it's the weight of the luggage which will present the problem to my partner. Once we pick up our lease car, then it shouldn't be a problem as I will be able to do the lugging from car to accommodation. Stairs without luggage should be doable as it wasn't a problem last time we were in Paris. We are intending on doing a fair bit of walking.

We emerge from Europe at Frankfurt, about 8.5 weeks after our arrival.

Looking forward to the trip. Still a lot of planning to do, but that's half the fun of travelling!

Cheers!

Yahillwe Jan 9, 2017 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by mhsqcx081114 (Post 27732827)
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. Looks like taxi it is. I had a hunch that a car of sorts was going to be the easiest option, but I just wanted to compare the taxi fare vs the hotel offering.

In answers to other questions, it's the weight of the luggage which will present the problem to my partner. Once we pick up our lease car, then it shouldn't be a problem as I will be able to do the lugging from car to accommodation. Stairs without luggage should be doable as it wasn't a problem last time we were in Paris. We are intending on doing a fair bit of walking.

We emerge from Europe at Frankfurt, about 8.5 weeks after our arrival.

Looking forward to the trip. Still a lot of planning to do, but that's half the fun of travelling!

Cheers!

Taxi is easier but the way I mentioned is the cheapest without any stairs but for taking the suitcase on the 92 bus. Am sure you are staying at the hotel on Bosquet and Franco Russe and the way I mentioned would get you there the easiest.

keisari Feb 20, 2017 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by mhsqcx081114 (Post 27732827)
...Looking forward to the trip. Still a lot of planning to do, but that's half the fun of travelling!

Sometimes I think that planning and talking to people about your planned trip AND then enjoying the pictures and the memories is 95% of the fun.
The trip itself is sometimes exhausting and stressful no matter how much you plan.
Hope you have a great time and that your partner heals quickly.

mhsqcx081114 Feb 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Actually, I think planning, experiencing and enjoying the photos/videos & memories are all part of the fun.

I remember when we were looking at some video footage from our last trip to Europe, there was a place we didn't even remember visiting. We had no idea where it was until, when looking at the photos the penny dropped!! Over a 2 month period you tend to see a lot!