45 min connection in CDG

Old Sep 28, 16, 1:31 am
Original Poster

45 min connection in CDG

Hi

Looking at booking some flights in the future and one of them offered a 45 min connection flying from Zurich to Dublin through Paris.. is this feasible?

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 16, 4:52 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Hello, and welcome to FT!

The term describing this is "minimum connection time".

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...-time-cdg.html

Post #22 has the most details. It depends on the flights involved (and what terminals they depart from). It looks like there might be one flight that has a 45m MCT, but the majority of them are 60m+.

I don't know how to find the incoming/outgoing terminal info, so hopefully someone else can help with that.
Old Sep 28, 16, 6:32 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
If the airline sells it to you on a single ticket, it should technically be doable. If you miss the flight, it's up to them to get you to Dublin and, if EU261/04 requirements are made, help you to food, drinks and monetary compensations.

If you buy two separate tickets (1x for ZRH-CDG and 1x for CDG-DUB), it's another story altogether. If it doesn't work out, it's your own fault.

Is it wise to buy a flight with a connection time corresponding to MCT? Personally, I tend to say no. One little delay on the first segment and it will no longer work out. Even if there's no delay, it may potentially mean, that you'll have to run between airplanes. If time is a factor, stay away from short connections. It's simply less stressful with slightly longer connections. You'll have time reserves if flight #1 is late.

Edit: I see on Airfrance.fr, that ZRH-CDG-DUB is sold with a connection time of only 45 Min.
Old Sep 30, 16, 1:49 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by studeent View Post
Hi

Looking at booking some flights in the future and one of them offered a 45 min connection flying from Zurich to Dublin through Paris.. is this feasible?

Thanks
Yes, it's doable. However you have a 50% chance of missing it. This is a transfer from 2F to 2E involving immigration, which lately was quite slow. About 10 minutes walk on a fast pace.
Old Oct 1, 16, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wouldn't do 45 minutes at CDG unless it were schengen to schengen on the same carrier with a single ticket/PNR issued by that airline, ideally with stats and seats up front. There's MCT and then there's sensible connecting time.
Old Oct 3, 16, 3:16 am

Thumbs up

Well said.

Search this Thread