Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

13 days last two weeks August Paris three days then what? Thinking st malo Brittany.

13 days last two weeks August Paris three days then what? Thinking st malo Brittany.

Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond

Flexible after first three days in Parisand must be back in Paris at end for flight home. Any thing not to be missed? Car, train? Been thru southern France nice, Provence etc. no nothing about Brittany Any suggestions. Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:15 am

Please be aware that the schools in France start on Monday 31 August so you'll find a lot of heavy traffic ... road/rail ... and may be find that accommodation will be still pretty full. Book now. Have you considered the Chteaux of the Loire, Mont St Michel and Brittany, or even coming my way and heading east to Alsace .... lots to see, do, and great wine to enjoy!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Relocated to the France forum for more effective responses.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Aug 9, 2015, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, spg gold, hhdiamond
Jdiver, thank you sorry I thought was posting there.
Alsacienne, After Paris wife wants St Malo 2-3 days then we are open to anything. Would like to be back near Cdg 30th.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Alsacienne
Please be aware that the schools in France start on Monday 31 August so you'll find a lot of heavy traffic ... road/rail ... and may be find that accommodation will be still pretty full. Book now. Have you considered the Chteaux of the Loire, Mont St Michel and Brittany, or even coming my way and heading east to Alsace .... lots to see, do, and great wine to enjoy!
Actually the first day of school is Tuesday Sep 1st. But you are right that the entire weekend leading up to Tuesday will be traffic hell throughout France, especially if you are heading into Paris on those days. The jams start about 50 kilometers or so outside of Paris on all the routes. I usually am leaving Paris on that Sunday each year so I see it with my own eyes. And I'll do it again this year. Leaving Paris is fine. No traffic.

Also good suggestion above and I'll thrown in my Burgundy region. Better wine.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
St Malo and surroundings are definitely very nice places to go

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.