Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Germain Des Pres metro station machines & Chase Sapphire Chip & Sig

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

St. Germain Des Pres metro station machines & Chase Sapphire Chip & Sig

Has anyone tried using the new Chase Sapphire Preferred Chip & Sig cards in the St. Germain Des Pres metro station ticket machines?

Did it work?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:30 am

I have not tried at that Metro station but have tried several times at others over the past several weeks. Worked fine on first try, then failed a few minutes later and on all other attempts too. Tried 2 different CSP cards and an Ink with no better results.

In each case, just go to manned window, tell them you have a "carte etranger" and they will run it through manually. St. Germain des Pres should be used to this with all the tourists over there.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
PenFed Chip & PIN card works in Metro and RR machines and the self serve gas stations.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I used the sapphire with chip in a ticket machine at a different metro station two weeks ago with success.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:12 am
iff

When you mention using cards successfully in certain stations, it would be very helpful to name the station. Some of the machines actually do read the magnetic strip and accept non-chip cards; if you're using one of those machines, the fact that your card has a chip may be moot.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by iff
When you mention using cards successfully in certain stations, it would be very helpful to name the station. Some of the machines actually do read the magnetic strip and accept non-chip cards; if you're using one of those machines, the fact that your card has a chip may be moot.
Good idea but may not be helpful. My Chase Ink worked to load my Navigo, then didn't work to load my wife's two minutes later. Hasn't worked since (many tries) at RATP machines, but flies through everywhere else.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by iff
I used mine successfully at Sablons.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:45 am

My chip+sig Chase Hyatt has worked at all the stations I've tried it at (St. Sulpice, CDG, Montparnasse)
And my magnetic only Chase Southwest also worked at St. Sulpice.

Interestingly though if you try to buy over 100 euro (I get the unlimited monthly pass for all 5 zones which is 113 euro) it rejects foreign credit cards. I ended up using cash the first time, and my French card from then on.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
So if I get the pin+chip Sapphire I could use it anywhere they accept Carte Bleue? Monoprix accepts Amex, but it would be nice to get points whenever I use my French CB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.