Wiki Posts
Search

Boutique hotel Paris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:36 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Boutique hotel Paris

Will be in Paris with two friends end October. We are looking for a nice boutique hotel, nice central area close to cafes, shopping and good restaurants, a spa would be nice, but not a must.

I am aware of George V and the other top hotels, but we (read: my friends) do not want that kind of a splurge, i.e. I am looking for something nice, but not THAT expensive.

Any recommendations?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:15 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
spa is unlikely.... Esprit St Germain has been written about here.... and i'd add Relais Christine
Old Sep 25, 2013, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT France forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
Luxury Hotels
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Back today from Paris. Same area of George V you could look at
Marignan
www.hotelmarignanelyseesparis.com

La Maison
www.lamaisonchampselysees.com

La Maison I have not been myself but I have been once at Marignan and liked it. It is NOT top in town but i believe it has a nice design, nice service and is more then acceptable. It has been renovated recently so no risk of going at a dated hotel.
I am not sure about spa.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A number of independent hotels described as "boutique" are listed in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...y-paris-2.html
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Esprit St Germain would be perfect. It is a lovely hotel in a great neighborhood, but be sure to book at least a premier room because the others are tiny. It is Virtuoso so make sure to use a a Virtuoso agent.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
There is the Raffles:
http://www.leroyalmonceau.com

Interesting hotel.. But am not sure what your budget is. And what area you'd like to be at.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
A number of independent hotels described as "boutique" are listed in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...y-paris-2.html
Hello jerry, long time no see.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
Back today from Paris. Same area of George V you could look at
Marignan
www.hotelmarignanelyseesparis.com

La Maison
www.lamaisonchampselysees.com

La Maison I have not been myself but I have been once at Marignan and liked it. It is NOT top in town but i believe it has a nice design, nice service and is more then acceptable. It has been renovated recently so no risk of going at a dated hotel.
I am not sure about spa.
She keeps updating hotel Maringnan, this is the second refurbishing that she has done in 4 years.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:12 am

Hotel Lancaster could be perfect, but I have not heard reviews since ownership changed recently. It used to be a Hospes property. You could look into possible upgrades through Virtuoso or LHW.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Sep 26, 2013 at 9:24 am
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Another possibility is the Pavillon de la Reine in the Marais. It is right on the Place de Vosges.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:51 am

Trip report: Esprit st. Germain - a luxury stay in paris without intimidation
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Hello jerry, long time no see.
Hi!
I may be back over on that side of the Atlantic in November, if you are around.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Hotel de la Trémoille
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Valveking
Another possibility is the Pavillon de la Reine in the Marais. It is right on the Place de Vosges.
I used to stay at this hotel every year or so and loved it. What I loved most was the location. It's such a charming neighborhood and there is so much that is walkable. The square gives both a sense of space and a sense of history. I love the hidden path leading to the hotel, and the coziness that the hotel has. I've also stayed at its sister hotel on the Left Bank. While it is charming, I prefer the Pavilion de la Reine.

I also really liked Jeu du Paume Hotel on the Ile St Louis. Again, i loved the location. It's wonderful to walk thru the two islands. There is so much to see and do there, whether it is Notre Dame or St Chapelle. It's easy to walk to either bank.

Both hotels are intimate, and I am unaware of them having spas.

I used to go to Paris regularly on business; that's why my comments are past tense. Now I am a Hyatt person and stay at the Park Hyatt Vendome. Much as I love the Park Hyatt, I find the neighborhoods of the two hotels mentioned above more intimate and engaging.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.