Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Need a recommendation for anniversary lunch in Paris [Oct Saturday]

Need a recommendation for anniversary lunch in Paris [Oct Saturday]

Old Sep 13, 2013, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Indeed, what a mess. It is always strange to have to show your ID when going back home.

You're right. Café Constant is not as creative as Spring, but is a very good option for people willing to have a very good traditional French lunch, in a laid back atmosphere. The restaurant is tiny, but staff is very friendly (and speaks English).
I must say I have never tried the Violon d'Ingres.
Just passed by Violon and it is closed for renovations. Didn't check until when.

Going to Manger tomorrow, it has been getting lots of press, their PR must be doing very well.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
I had tonight an excellent dinner at Manger restaurant (as Septime is closed in August).
http://manger-leresto.com/galerie-photo

The menu dégustation is really inventive, and at an excellent value (Eur 55, Eur 65 with one bottle of Chateldon sparkling water and coffee).

The design is very elegant, service is smiling and atmosphere is laid back.

The place is not only sponsored by Grands Chefs like Michalac, Gagnaire, but it has also the willing to help young people in social difficulties through the rigorous work of cooking. So you will not have only a very good moment, but also you will make a good action.

Please note: only Visa cards are accepted (no Amex)
With all due respect, I reserved there because of your and some other recommendations, I and my company were very disappointed. I like the idea, but the food was nothing less than mediocre.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Any post event update from OP?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
Any post event update from OP?
Yes. Thanks for the reminder.

We really enjoyed Bistroy les Papilles. Although the four course, fixed priced meal doesn't offer any choices -- it's whatever the chef's cooking that day -- all four courses (soup + entree + cheese + dessert) were delicious. The cream of celery soup and shoulder of lamb entree were particularly good. The wine prices appeared to have a fairly modest €7 mark-up over retail prices. At €31 per person for the four courses (excluding wine), this was a bargain by Parisian standards for a very tasty meal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.