FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   France and Monaco (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco-467/)
-   -   Hotel for Paris Air Show (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/france-monaco/1460599-hotel-paris-air-show.html)

BoeBus Apr 22, 2013 9:31 am

Hotel for Paris Air Show

Firstly apologies if this is not the right thread - a search didn't come up with a suitable forum.

The OH has been convinced to go to the Paris Air Show in June and while I booked flights really early, I am only now able to look at hotels.

The prices are on the high side, given the time of year I expect and I wondered if fellow FT'ers could offer any suggestions.

We're not too fussed about where in Paris we stay, although we'll be commuting via the Metro and in an ideal world would like to be max 1hr from Le Bourget.

Dates: check in 19th, check out 23rd June.

If it helps I have Accor Platinum, no other hotel statuses though.

4 star would be great... but realistically with a budget of around £400-500 for the 4 nights I guess we're looking at 3 star.

Any help would be appreciated; I feel like I've tried every search and comparison engine going!

Thanks
BoeBus

Alpha Golf Apr 23, 2013 8:01 am

Frankly, I think you'd be lucky to get 2* for that. It's a very busy time. A site I recommend for europe hotels is www.venere.com You could also try Priceline or Hotwire, but I'd be surprised if they had good inventory during the show.

What days are you planning to be there? It's on my calendar too!

And a suggestion from a show alumnus -- if you can walk a mile or so, take the RER to Le Bourget and walk to the show from there. Last time I waited over an hour for the stupid shuttle bus.

BoeBus Apr 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply AlphaGolf - I'll check out the sites you mentioned.

Haven't decided on what days to go yet - may even end up cancelling the trip if the hotel is too expensive - only paid £104pp for BA flights LHR-CDG.

I'm also going to look into staying just 2 nights in Paris and 2 nights elsewhere.

Ikaz Apr 25, 2013 3:40 am

Just had a quick look at the Club Carlson 2for1 rates (reserved for CC gold members, you should be able to get a match with your Accor Platinium), and there is availability for one hotel at CDG airport (Park Inn Paris By Radisson Charles de Gaulle Airport) for 150€ between the 21st and the 23rd (2nd night free). It might not be the best place in the world, but it is about 30 minutes by RER to Le bourget. Looking at the reviews quickly, I see this "we are fully aware of the refurbishment needs and that a full renovation is planned during the low season in 2013", you might want to send them an e-mail before and ask them if this will be done before your stay, otherwise quite a few people are complaining about the place being old and worn out.

They offer a (free?) shuttle to the airport too, that you will need to take to get to the RER station.

On this rate and the other similar one (4for2) it is all that they have in the Paris area that weekend.

slawecki Apr 25, 2013 5:52 am

Originally Posted by BoeBus (Post 20632641)

4 star would be great... but realistically with a budget of around £400-500 for the 4 nights I guess we're looking at 3 star.

Any help would be appreciated; I feel like I've tried every search and comparison engine going!

Thanks
BoeBus

i think that's about 150 euro a night. you's looking to stay under a bridge for that kind of money.

find outlying areas that will have transport there. look at disney world, and small burgs an hour out by train.

venere.com is your best resource. use their maps to find something on the train route.

Mountain Trader Apr 25, 2013 5:52 am

No one should stay at an airport at CDG unless they have a morning flight from there or other compelling need for proximity. Staying at CDG and commuting to Le Bourget may make economic sense but at that point, the whole event might as well be in Omaha as to the overall experience.

I know it is very easy for me to say with no dog in this fight, but it is hard to believe that 400-500€ a night will only get a 2 star hotel.

BoeBus Apr 26, 2013 11:38 am

Thanks Ikaz for the idea of status matching! After a couple of quick calls I am now Club Carlson Gold and also SPG Gold Preferred… I will check out the near.com and also try hot wire… The rates in the entire city seem to be extortionate - and it's funny how using my company's corporate rate code seems to cost even more. I work for a very large global firms and I assumed that we will be getting some sort of preferential rate even if only 1 or 2% better