Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

looking for Paris apartment stays 4/21-23

Old Mar 15, 2013, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex

whenever I am in Paris, I wander farmers and food markets. But I can never buy anything without a kitchen to cook it in. Don't have tons of time 2-3 days max, but wanted a place with a little kitchen. And also a great central location for walking to cafes, sites, etc.

got any suggestions? I am traveling with my spouse.

thanks
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by privacylawyer
whenever I am in Paris, I wander farmers and food markets. But I can never buy anything without a kitchen to cook it in. Don't have tons of time 2-3 days max, but wanted a place with a little kitchen. And also a great central location for walking to cafes, sites, etc.

thanks
What's your budget like?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
A lot of great links and suggestions here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...artment+rental
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...ld-you-do.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...aris-help.html
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
got any suggestions?
Sure, don't bother with an apartment for such a short stay.

The links jerry shared cover several recent threads in which short stays are debated and while I;m not sure if it possible to rent a place for that short a time I'm not sure I'd recommend doing so even if it were as the amount of red tape, security and/or damage deposits, cleaning fees, entry security codes, etc. IMHO wouldn't be worth it for such a short stay and would recommend a hotel instead. Just MHO.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:28 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
For such a short stay if I was intent of having a kitchen I'd compromise and stay somewhere like Citadines, which apparently are all equipped with kitchens.

We visit Paris annually for a month at a time, and stay in apartments; despite all our best intentions we have never used the stove for more than making coffee.

I personally wouldn't rent an apartment for a stay of less than a week; the Citadines that I mentioned earlier look really charmless (I've been past the one at Les Halles, from the outside the building looks like a Soviet era Moscow office block). I'd find a nice little boutique hotel instead.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
thanks for your advice - no apartment this trip :-)

Originally Posted by slocouple
What's your budget like?
My budget was under $300 a night.

I'll start another thread for hotel recommendations. :-)
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Have you looked on Tripadvisor.com? This place doesn't seem so bad and has a small kitchen:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Nanook
Have you looked on Tripadvisor.com? This place doesn't seem so bad and has a small kitchen:

I actually looked at a room here once. It's right along the Seine and it did have a small kitchen. However, that particular block is pretty sterile IMO but it would serve the OP's purpose if they want a kitchen. It has somewhat of alarge lobby but, again, sort of sterile. I can't remember if there was a bar there. A few blocks south is a very nice market on rue de Buci.

Bobette
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
And from the loyal opposition...

Not all apartment rentals involve lots of red tape. Many do have a minimum of 5 or more nights, but some are willing to waive that for last minute (definition of which varies from next week to next month or so) and some may require additional cleaning fee for short stays.

If you are in the US a particularly easy agency to use is Vacation in Paris. Based in US, pay in dollars via cc and get the keys before you leave, staff on the ground in Paris if needed. Have used them and was quite pleased.
Do avoid Craigslist, which is full of scams. Some folks report good luck with airbnb.com but never used myself so cannot offer informed comment.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue

thanks
An apartment is probably out. Those rent usually for a minimum of 1 week.

You need to find a "suite" hotel with a small kitchenette for this short stay. You can do a search for "ApartHotels Paris" and should come up with several choices. Be advised that the "kitchens" in these places will usually be tiny and have minimal equipment. (Might even be an electric hot plate).
Old Mar 16, 2013, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I've stayed in Citadines outside of Paris, there hasn't been a stove in the kitchen. You can only do very minimal food preparation, no real cooking.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 5:33 pm

This one does have a stove. But if I only had two days in Paris I'd rather be out at a cafe watching the world go by than in my hotel room cooking.

Bobette
Old Mar 16, 2013, 5:56 pm

Another hotel I've recommended before and have stayed at a few times is Le Regent. Its right in the heart of the left bank and is spotless. The food street market is just outside the door and cafes line both sides of the street. The deluxe room is very nice. The less expensive rooms are small.

Bobette
Old Mar 17, 2013, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

Citadines in Paris usually runs around US$300 or so. This one is in a very nice area and close to many markets/shops with great produce and ready to eat food. Get a small studio with kitchen

You can also try this one; I have stayed there. The apartment is in a great area, it is OK but the kitchen is GREAT.

http://www.parisrentaparts.com/PBCPPlayer.asp?ID=108204
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:29 pm
jg3

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Choice PLT, UA Gold.
Have you tried Air BnB? I used it last summer for two nights in Paris. Had a great experience and would totally do it again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.