Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore to France on one-way ticket

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer, Flying Blue, Skywards
Singapore to France on one-way ticket

I am going from Singapore to France for 10 months on a long-stay visa. Do I need to buy a return ticket to show at the airport? I find it difficult to determine my return date at this point in time.

Will the airline refuse me?

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by flyerhormones
I am going from Singapore to France for 10 months on a long-stay visa. Do I need to buy a return ticket to show at the airport? I find it difficult to determine my return date at this point in time.

Will the airline refuse me?

Thanks!
What sort of visa do you have? What other paperwork do you have to support your time in France?
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:50 am
Original Poster

It is called a "Long Stay Visa" and I am going to France for the purpose of marriage to a French national.

Documents required to get this visa include: proof of financial means, proof of lodging in France, medical coverage during my stay.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
It is called a "Long Stay Visa" and I am going to France for the purpose of marriage to a French national.

Documents required to get this visa include: proof of financial means, proof of lodging in France, medical coverage during my stay.
Congrats on your impending nuptials. Also, you should check with the relevant French authorities what paperwork/documents you need to satisfy the terms of entering the country, particularly with relation to whether you need a return ticket out of France. Did you use a lawyer for this process? If so, I would ask them. You should be seeking good legal advice in this case, and not relying on unknown posters on the Internet.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I will call the embassy then. I thought there must have been others before me in a similar situation.

I didn't get a lawyer for this. Followed the instructions on the French embassy's website.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG

You will have to provide the following also IIRC:

1. Original of the "Certificat de publication des bans et de non opposition" delivered by the City Hall where the marriage will take place + one photocopy.

2. Proof of the French nationality of your future spouse : (+ one photocopy) :

certificate of the registration in a French Consulate abroad (carte consulaire en cours de validite)

or a French national ID (carte nationale d’identité francaise)

or a certificate of French nationality (certificat de nationalité francaise)

or a copy of the letters of naturalization (ampliation d’un décret de naturatlisation ou de réintegration dans la nationalité francaise).

3.Original of the "Attestation d’accueil" established by the City Hall of the resident you will be staying with for the duration of your stay (+ one photocopy).

4.Proof of future residency in France or letter of intention to reside in France from the future French spouse + one photocopy.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 8:06 am

I have done long-stay visa in FR, and I know many others that have also done it. You do not need a round-trip ticket. The one-way will be fine. That being said, getting one-way international tickets is often more expensive than round trip, but that's a different issue completely.

Remember that when you get to France, you will also have to register with OFII to finalize the visa process. That can take several months, in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.