Paris - january deals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paris - january deals

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA-Premier Silver, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat.
Paris - january deals

I am going to be in Paris January 5-15, 2013... Does anyone know if there is any strategy to waiting until after Christmas to get "deals" and "discounts" on hotels? Do rates go down after the holidays? I thought that January would have a lot of capacity and deals might be had, am I incorrect? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by orli-flier
I am going to be in Paris January 5-15, 2013... Does anyone know if there is any strategy to waiting until after Christmas to get "deals" and "discounts" on hotels? Do rates go down after the holidays? I thought that January would have a lot of capacity and deals might be had, am I incorrect? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!
Depends on what you mean by a deal.

As an example, 33% off Le Meurice (third night free promotion, let's say) is my idea of good value, yet it's still going to cost ~600E a night. Is your goal to find a great hotel at a discount, or do you have a hard number you're working with?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: HH, SPG, IHG, Club Carlson, Hyatt, AA, DL, AmEx, UR
Originally Posted by nba1017
Depends on what you mean by a deal.

As an example, 33% off Le Meurice (third night free promotion, let's say) is my idea of good value, yet it's still going to cost ~600E a night. Is your goal to find a great hotel at a discount, or do you have a hard number you're working with?
Not sure if the Le Club Accor sale is still going on, but we got some of our France hotels for the same time period for great through that deal.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this will do better in the dedicated FT France forum, where the folks probably follow deals more closely than in this forum. So I'm moving this thread there.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, UA-Premier Silver, AA EXP, Hilton Gold, SPG Plat.
Thanks for all the help... I want to get into a great hotel at a discount. Just wondering on timing to book. Merci!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: AC
choice pts had some pretty exceptional redemptions recently....
there are likely some centrally located options...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.