Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Timing Question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

CDG Timing Question

Hello everyone, I've been a silent observer for about a year, this is my first post. Love FT. So helpful.
I'm flying with Delta into Brandenburg in August (new airport - very exciting!) with a connection in CDG. My layover in CDG is 2hrs 20 mins. My original plan was to overnight in Berlin then head out the next day to Italy/Croatia, then spend a 2 nights on the back end of my trip in Berlin (I've never been there). Now I'm thinking I might head out straight from Berlin on a flight to Croatia (there would be 4 hours in between flights).
Here's my question. Everything pretty much hinges on getting into and out of CDG on time. Assuming our flight departs JFK on time, is 2hrs 20mins too risky for clearing passport control and making my connection? If I land in BER late and miss my flight to Croatia I'm going to lose money...
I'm looking at doing this b/c I want to get to Crotia/Italy faster and certain itinerary costs would be cheaper this way. I also got a good price to Berlin (flying to Europe from the US in mid August is not cheap!).
Thank you.
I'm going to post in the Germany Forum asking if 4 hrs is enough to transfer from Delta to EasyJet and clear customs (assuming JFK and CDG goes smoothly)
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:05 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by jblifeguard
Hello everyone, I've been a silent observer for about a year, this is my first post. Love FT. So helpful.
I'm flying with Delta into Brandenburg in August (new airport - very exciting!) with a connection in CDG. My layover in CDG is 2hrs 20 mins. My original plan was to overnight in Berlin then head out the next day to Italy/Croatia, then spend a 2 nights on the back end of my trip in Berlin (I've never been there). Now I'm thinking I might head out straight from Berlin on a flight to Croatia (there would be 4 hours in between flights).
Here's my question. Everything pretty much hinges on getting into and out of CDG on time. Assuming our flight departs JFK on time, is 2hrs 20mins too risky for clearing passport control and making my connection? If I land in BER late and miss my flight to Croatia I'm going to lose money...
I'm looking at doing this b/c I want to get to Crotia/Italy faster and certain itinerary costs would be cheaper this way. I also got a good price to Berlin (flying to Europe from the US in mid August is not cheap!).
Thank you.
I'm going to post in the Germany Forum asking if 4 hrs is enough to transfer from Delta to EasyJet and clear customs (assuming JFK and CDG goes smoothly)
CDG isn't the easiest airport to transfer through, but 2:20 should be plenty of time.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:23 am

Programs: DL FO
I assume you are arriving on a DL flight and then leave CDG on an AF flight.
In August, S4 should have opened. Then, transfer on ST airlines should be easier and 2h20 would be largely enough, as long as your inbound flight is not late.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GuillaumeD
I assume you are arriving on a DL flight and then leave CDG on an AF flight.
In August, S4 should have opened. Then, transfer on ST airlines should be easier and 2h20 would be largely enough, as long as your inbound flight is not late.
Thank you both.
GuilaumeD, I am arriving Delta, and assume departing AirFrance, although the itinerary on delta.com reads "delta" for both tickets (but my flight doesn't show up on the delta website).
What terminal does Delta arrive at? One of the satellites of terminal 1? I assume that's where you believe my connection will be departing from (specifically S4).
From what I see online it looks like Delta and Air France share terminal 2.
Same terminal is huge
Thanks.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by jblifeguard
Thank you both.
GuilaumeD, I am arriving Delta, and assume departing AirFrance, although the itinerary on delta.com reads "delta" for both tickets (but my flight doesn't show up on the delta website).
What terminal does Delta arrive at? One of the satellites of terminal 1? I assume that's where you believe my connection will be departing from (specifically S4).
From what I see online it looks like Delta and Air France share terminal 2.
Same terminal is huge
Thanks.
DL arrives at terminal 2E and AF to Germany will probalby leave from 2D. 2E consists of a main hall and 2 satellites (in August). Transfer to 2D is landside and the easiest way is walking (about 10 minutes). Transfer is easy and 2h20 is more than sufficient. If you have status and can use priority lanes for immigration in 2E and security check in 2D, this transfer takes about 30 minutes, without status calculate 1h to be on the safe side.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: DL FO
I forgot some details.
Yes, AF and DL are located at terminal 2. AF uses 2C,D,E,F,G and DL 2E.
Depending on the opening of S4 (a new satellite of terminal 2E), you connection can be:
if open and if reorganization occured, arrival at 2E (main bulding or one of the two satellites) and transfer to 2F via a dedicated walkway.
if not, as mentionned by MarLim, you will have to go to 2D and it will be a little longer. But no more than 1h.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.