5 hours in CDG

Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL UA
5 hours in CDG

I am flying through CDG ( en route to Athens from ATL) with my husband and 14 year old step daughter. We land in 2E and appear to be leaving from 2F. We have 5 hours and 5 minutes between fights. We have Priority Pass lounge membership but it looks like the only one available is in T1 ( the Icare lounge). My husband wants to know if we have time to go into Paris and go to a Boulangerie ( he is serious about his love of bread). Is that feasible? I speak French ( lived in Lyon a long time ago) but I am no expert on Paris.
Does anyone know if there is a good bakery near enough to take a train and get back within that time frame?
Is this a stupid idea? Should we just find a restaurant in the airport and wait for our next flight?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
5 hrs is both long and short. Yes, it is feasible to go to Paris within this time frame, but what a hassle IMO as you will have very little time there. If your primary objective is to find bread and bakeries, you can find this at CDG.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Paul, a chain boulangerie patisserie, has several locations at CDG airport, including in terminals 2E and 2F.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by TWA884
Paul, a chain boulangerie patisserie, has several locations at CDG airport, including in terminals 2E and 2F.
I was indeed thinking about them. It's industrial and definitely not a local boulangerie, but they have acceptable products.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
It could be done... BUT it depends on what day, as you may know, if it is a sunday many are closed.

The RER into town is fast enough to do it.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks all- he may have to live with Paul for this trip

We will have to plan a proper France trip in the spring.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If Paul isn't acceptable and you just want to get out of the airport, you could go to some of the towns near CDG in search of a local neighborhood place. CDG Vale goes to a hotel area, so it might not be the best option, but you could also hop onto the RER line and get off before Paris. This assumes that you don't see long lines at the airport.

BTW, don't even think about trying to go to T1.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the T1 tip. From what I could tell, it looked like a ridiculous amount of work for not much reward.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
There is a Brasserie Flo at Terminal 2F, streetside. I once planned to hop over there for dinner when staying at the CDG Hilton, but got distracted at the hotel concierge lounge with drinks and appetizers. Next time, perhaps.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/pa.../brasserie-flo
Old Nov 19, 2015, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by njvj
We have Priority Pass lounge membership but it looks like the only one available is in T1 ( the Icare lounge).
Is there any reason you can't use the Maple Leaf Lounge in Terminal 2A? Or will you be there after they close?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by o2bmmw
Is there any reason you can't use the Maple Leaf Lounge in Terminal 2A? Or will you be there after they close?
Yes, one very good reason : OP doesn't fly out of 2A !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.