Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for dinner in Paris this Christmas

Old Nov 26, 11, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Hi, any suggestions for a Christmas dinner in Paris to remember? Happy to spend in the 100-200 Euro range per person. Preference for French food, but we'll consider other options.
Old Nov 26, 11, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Canoz View Post
Hi, any suggestions for a Christmas dinner in Paris to remember? Happy to spend in the 100-200 Euro range per person. Preference for French food, but we'll consider other options.
I haven't looked for this year but I have in the past and it's pretty slim pickings. And this year could be even tougher since Christmas is on a Sunday.

The hotels with full dinner service should still be serving but I would check, not assume, and reserve well ahead. There are a few restaurants that are open 24/7 and on principle stay open on Christmas as well. The ones I've heard of are ok but not fine dining.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Nov 27, 11 at 2:57 pm
Old Nov 27, 11, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

for an accurate listing, get a michelin red guide of paris. in the past, only pierre gagnaire amont the3* were open, other than hotel restaurants. a few of the better bistros will be open, again, look in the red guide. do not trust Zagat. you can also contact your concierge now, to get a reservation for that day.
Old Nov 27, 11, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
http://www.lejulesverne-paris.com/
Still available for lunch or dinner on the 25th or any other day in December for that matter.
Old Dec 5, 11, 12:30 am

Bistrot de la Muette will be open with a special 69 Euro menu. It is one of seven related bistros in Paris, and their sister bistrots may well be open too, though I have not looked into that.

http://www.bistrocie.fr/anglais/index.php
Old Dec 12, 11, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Atelier Joel Robuchon. I happen to love the restaurant and enjoy the counter style seating. We went for lunch last year and are going for dinner this year. They only take reservations during the off-peak hours and then it is waitlist (but the hotel it is has a small bar to have a drink while you wait).
Old Dec 12, 11, 5:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you will be staying in a top hotel, check whether their restaurant is good and open. Otherwise ask for help from their concierge in advance. Another idea is to use whatever other concierge service you might have access to, such as the AmEx Plat and Centurion fine dining program, to make suggestions and confirm a reservation ASAP. I would suggest getting a written confirmation. Also, be sure to telephone the restaurant a day in advance to reconfirm.
Old Dec 17, 11, 11:25 pm
BCH

What about KONG. Especially if you want incredible views of the city.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: