Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

San Sebastian to Bayonne: Day trip possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist

Hey all,

Next month, I'm headed to San Sebastian for a few days (before continuing to Pamplona for the Running of the Bulls). I was scanning a map and I guess Bayonne is right nearby. It'd be quite cool to be able to hop over to the SW corner of France for a day! A slightly different experience, I imagine.

Does anybody know how to get from San Sebastian to Bayonne, and back? Is it possible to "day-trip" this using public transportation? Or is it easier to just try and rent a car? And if renting a car is better, is it useful (or a hassle) to travel by car through the streets of Bayonne?

Any advice welcomed!

-cmhsieh54
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K since 1998 & 3 Million Miler & ex-GS; DL Diamond 2015-2022; BAEC Silver; Bonvoy LT Titanium
I would recommend a day trip (or longer) to beautiful Biarritz. I have some brief comments in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...tel-ideas.html

San Sebastian to Bayonne is about a 30 minute drive by car. You could easily do both towns in a day. However, allow more time to enjoy Biarritz
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
Hey all,

Next month, I'm headed to San Sebastian for a few days (before continuing to Pamplona for the Running of the Bulls). I was scanning a map and I guess Bayonne is right nearby. It'd be quite cool to be able to hop over to the SW corner of France for a day! A slightly different experience, I imagine.

Does anybody know how to get from San Sebastian to Bayonne, and back? Is it possible to "day-trip" this using public transportation? Or is it easier to just try and rent a car? And if renting a car is better, is it useful (or a hassle) to travel by car through the streets of Bayonne?

Any advice welcomed!

-cmhsieh54
Hello! I am heading over in a few days to San Sebastian and wanted to do a day trip to the towns of Bayonne and Biarritz. Did you end up renting a car or use public transportation? I’f love to explore some of the small coastal towns so I was leaning towards the rental car but didn’t know if I want to desl with parking in San Sebastián Or if it was a hassle or expense to find parking in the smaller towns. I’d love to know what worked for you!
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Mwest
Hello! I am heading over in a few days to San Sebastian and wanted to do a day trip to the towns of Bayonne and Biarritz. Did you end up renting a car or use public transportation? I’f love to explore some of the small coastal towns so I was leaning towards the rental car but didn’t know if I want to desl with parking in San Sebastián Or if it was a hassle or expense to find parking in the smaller towns. I’d love to know what worked for you!
You do realise you re-opened a thread from EIGHT years ago?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Mwest
If you want to explore several towns on the coast, definitely rent a car. It will be much more convenient for you. Stop also in St Jean de Luz and Guétary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.