4 hour layover in CDG

Old May 15, 10, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, CO Gold, Marriott Gold
4 hour layover in CDG

Any suggestions on a good brunch (or creative ways to waste 4 hours)?
Old May 15, 10, 3:13 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Gold, QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by pulseeric View Post
Any suggestions on a good brunch (or creative ways to waste 4 hours)?

Go to the Sheraton hotel at the airport. It's by far the finest dining venue there.
Old May 15, 10, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Thx Braniff, I'm assuming that 4 hours is not enough time to leave the airport?
Old May 16, 10, 3:47 am

4 hours should be plenty of time. The hotel is located in the Terminal 2 "complex" --- this is the Air France terminal although some others are there as well. Which airline are you on and where are you coming from/going to ? They have a shuttle bus which you call and they pick you up.
Old May 16, 10, 8:27 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Braniff View Post
4 hours should be plenty of time. The hotel is located in the Terminal 2 "complex" --- this is the Air France terminal although some others are there as well. Which airline are you on and where are you coming from/going to ? They have a shuttle bus which you call and they pick you up.

Depending on what you call" leave the airport", 4 hours is not enough time to go to downtown Paris IMO.
Old May 16, 10, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by bodory View Post
Depending on what you call" leave the airport", 4 hours is not enough time to go to downtown Paris IMO.
CDG Terminal 2 is not located in downtown Paris.
Old May 18, 10, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

I will be arriving via Air France. I am coming from Houston (IAH) and will be catching another air france flight to Vienna 4 hours later.

Just looking to try to have an authentic frenchy brunch experience with the girlfriend Does not necessarily have to be in downtown. Is 4 hours enough? Thanks everyone!
Old May 19, 10, 3:39 am

Programs: Many
Yes, 4 hours is enough. And as suggested, the Sheraton will be perfect. Enjoy your brunch and your trip!
Old May 20, 10, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=125
Old May 21, 10, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
If the two of you have never been to Paris, your plane arrives early or is at least on time, and you make it through immigration and customs without too much delay, I'd say it's worth going into the city. The RER B train station is under the Sheraton. Fast, runs frequently, not expensive. Get off at the St.-Michel - Notre-Dame stop, walk around, have petit-déjeuner (croissant and French bread with butter and jam, coffee - more authentically French than brunch) at any sidewalk café, take the train back. Nothing against the CDG Sheraton, I've stayed there, it has a unique "ocean liner" architecture with the elevators in its "funnels" and a sea foam green color scheme, but Paris is Paris. An airport hotel ain't Paris.
Old May 22, 10, 10:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Efrem View Post
If the two of you have never been to Paris, your plane arrives early or is at least on time, and you make it through immigration and customs without too much delay, I'd say it's worth going into the city. The RER B train station is under the Sheraton. Fast, runs frequently, not expensive. Get off at the St.-Michel - Notre-Dame stop, walk around, have petit-déjeuner (croissant and French bread with butter and jam, coffee - more authentically French than brunch) at any sidewalk café, take the train back. Nothing against the CDG Sheraton, I've stayed there, it has a unique "ocean liner" architecture with the elevators in its "funnels" and a sea foam green color scheme, but Paris is Paris. An airport hotel ain't Paris.
there's also an opportunity to glimpse Notre Dame Cathedral from the RER stop. There's several sidewalk cafes really close to the RER station, easily walked to even with bags.
Old May 23, 10, 2:01 am
Original Poster

How long is the train ride from Sheraton to Notre-Dame?

Thanks everyone for the great info, I am really excited!!!
Old May 23, 10, 5:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
How long is the train ride from Sheraton to Notre-Dame?

Thanks everyone for the great info, I am really excited!!!
it's about 40 minutes, perhaps less if you catch the express train.

the station (fr: Gare) for RER and TGV is located between halls 2C and 2E. this is quite easily walked but there is a shuttle bus circling terminal 2 (landside) as well.

you'll want to be careful with the timing and also keep a close eye on your belongings to avoid being a victim of a "grab and dash" theft. the trains run often in the morning, though.

bon voyage,
benzguy80
Old May 23, 10, 9:44 am
iff

Originally Posted by benzguy80 View Post
it's about 40 minutes, perhaps less if you catch the express train.
Per the RATP site, 46 minutes for the regular train and a whopping 4 minutes less for the express.

(That, of course, is assuming there are no strikes, no people jumping on the tracks, no mechanical incidents...)

The trains generally run about 8 minutes apart.

Don't forget you'll need time to buy tickets... if there's a line, it could take a while.

With that kind of timing, you won't have an "authentic Frenchy brunch experience" (the French don't really do brunch, anyway, except for a few spendy ones in some of the nicer hotels) but you might have a few minutes to gulp down some coffee and a croissant.
Old May 27, 10, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
"authentic frenchy brunch experience"

Search this Thread