Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Paris: Baby-friendly restaurants (cafes, brasseries, restaurants, etc)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

Hi everybody,

My wife, baby, and I are in Paris a few more days. Can anyone suggest places to eat that are friendly for babies - where we can have our baby parked in the stroller or places that will allow a stroller in the restaurant, or places that have high chairs? We prefer places that are French and not necessarily geared for tourists (ie without an English menu) only because it'd be fun to eat where Parisian families eat! We also don't know if normal Parisian families hire babysitters so that just the parents go out to eat

We've dined at these places, although all outdoors, with our stroller:
Chez Julien lou Pescadou (6th - restaurant near St Germain/St Sulpice)
Le Rousseau (6th - brasserie on Cherche Midi)
Bread & Roses (6th - bakery/restaurant at Rue Madame / Fleurs - near Lux Gardens)
Crepe Rit du Clown (6th - creperie nr St Germain des Prez) - but it was offhours and they only had 3 tables full

What about Relais de Entrecote (steak frites) - what is their stroller policy, whether on Blvd du Montparnasse or Marbeuf (the street nr Champs Elysee)? I'm afraid to phone and ask as my French is poor (I can order well off any French menu, though).

Merci!
Michael
Old Apr 15, 2010, 8:56 am

Programs: ROP G, QR G
Hi Gaobest

Yes babysitters or grandparents are probably the most popular options when it comes to dining out in Paris .We have a 2.5y o daughetr, unruly enough to have me think thwice than some more before taking her to the restaurant, but lately we went three time to the Bound in avenue Georges V for sunday brunch (abt 35E per person). It's a hip bar restaurant without much of a family crowd in evenings but it becomes very family oriented on sundays, each time met a bunch of kids and even a few dogs. Call ahead to book a table with space for a stroller and they should oblige although with better weather the place seems to fill up more.

http://www.bound.abcsalles.com/prive...che.php?n=4139

Last edited by luisparis; Apr 15, 2010 at 9:12 am
Old Apr 16, 2010, 4:32 am

Programs: ROP G, QR G
I might be a bit late for your enquiry, but the Bound is right next to the Louis Vuitton shop on the corner of Champs Elysees and avenue Georges V, so a good area to add a nice stroll to the sunday brunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.