Old Apr 1, 10, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Does CDG have Free WIFI ??

Hi,

Wanted to know if CDG has free WIFI ??

thanks
Old Apr 1, 10, 7:08 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
Hi,

Wanted to know if CDG has free WIFI ??

thanks
No. It is available for free only in Air France lounges. Otherwise, you have to pay the operaor, Hub Telecom, a subsidiary of Aéroports de Paris.
Old Apr 1, 10, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
No. It is available for free only in Air France lounges. Otherwise, you have to pay the operaor, Hub Telecom, a subsidiary of Aéroports de Paris.

nowadays.. even airports in India hv free wifi..
Old Apr 1, 10, 7:21 am

nowadays.. even airports in India hv free wifi..
But not in Los Angeles.
Old Apr 1, 10, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
But not in Los Angeles.
I am aware that even FRA / MUC dont have this facility.. even though they r one of the biggest airports / hubs in Europe..

infact.. in MUC and FRA.. even the LH business lounges (I can only enter these as am a lowly FTL) does not have free wifi !!!

i fail to understand why they wanna do all this and earn money.. they hv the infrastucture in place.. make it free .. it makes pax happy .. ( they r many other things which a pax hates while in transit) atleast this can help them spend some time... they dont need to spend some extra money to make it free but NO they won't do it.. and why.. because they wanna charge if they r able to and not forced by regulators or competition

Vienna airport has free wifi ( and now its part of LH) so dont know how soon they pull the plug there

seems.. India is moving fast in the right direction in many things ( though ofcourse it has a long way to go).. but atleast there are many good starts in many places...
Old Apr 1, 10, 8:01 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Vienna airport has free wifi ( and now its part of LH) so dont know how soon they pull the plug there
OS, the Austrian flag carrier, is now owned by LH. I don't think Vienna airport is.

Another major European hub where wireless Internet is not for free is LHR.
Old Apr 1, 10, 8:59 am

Denver wisely decided a few years back that having an ad-based free internet service made them more money. It's a trade-off between a few people paying $6-8 a day or many people with eyeballs on the ads.

It's nice to have access while killing time at an airport.
Old Apr 1, 10, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK, airports with free wifi are in a minority in Europe and in the US.
Old Apr 1, 10, 9:41 am

Programs: DL GM/SC; GE; Marriott Titanium; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by NickB View Post
AFAIK, airports with free wifi are in a minority in Europe and in the US.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...fi-access.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...er-thread.html
Old Apr 1, 10, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
not only AF lounges; Alliance Star lounge in Terminal 1 also has free connection. The old Continental PC in terminal 2 used to have free connection also.
Old Apr 1, 10, 6:37 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by keisari View Post
not only AF lounges; Alliance Star lounge in Terminal 1 also has free connection. The old Continental PC in terminal 2 used to have free connection also.
and sadly, ua *g's cannot use the *a lounge at cdg
Old Apr 2, 10, 2:33 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by goalie View Post
Are you sure about this? I have continental Plat which is Star Alliance Gold and I entered the lounge without problems showing my boarding pass and also my continental Plat card. They have a separate lounge in Terminal 1 for First class and a different one for Business class the the rest of the riff-raff (us the gold star alliance members); nonetheless it is nice, good breakfast items, some newspapers and free wi-fi.
Old Apr 2, 10, 6:41 am

Programs: UA Silver
Are you sure about this? I have continental Plat which is Star Alliance Gold and I entered the lounge without problems showing my boarding pass and also my continental Plat card. They have a separate lounge in Terminal 1 for First class and a different one for Business class the the rest of the riff-raff (us the gold star alliance members); nonetheless it is nice, good breakfast items, some newspapers and free wi-fi.

Yes, because dirty cheap UA would not pay for lounge admisssion fee.

UA has RCC there, but I wonder why they just not close it. CDG gets only one daily 772 flight and one daily 763 flight.

Oh, there is no free Wi-Fi in this RCC.
Old Apr 2, 10, 6:54 am

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA 1k, HH Silver, Marriott Gold
Really? I'm pretty sure that there is free wifi at CDG ....what you have to do is connect to the Orange network and then sign up for the 1-hour offered for free option -- then voila! free internet.

Granted, I do go to the AF lounge at 2F, but even at boarding gates near the lounge you can pick up the Orange network. I'm not sure about CDG1 though.
Old Apr 2, 10, 8:25 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by goalie View Post
ua *g's are not allowed access

and afaik, it's still current according to a 1k friend who was denied access last week

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,,52706,00.html

Please note that United customers are not able to access the Star Alliance lounge at Charles de Gaulle International Airport, as United is not a participating member of that lounge. Eligible United customers are welcome to use the Red Carpet Club lounge located at airside, 10th floor, instead.

Search this Thread