Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival CDG - 11 hour layover - departure Orly

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Arrival CDG - 11 hour layover - departure Orly

I've searched and didn't come up with a thread pertaining to this, but I might have missed it...

On November 21 we will be arriving CDG at around 8:30 AM. We will depart to Bordeaux from Orly at about 7:30 PM that same day. Since we are departing from a different airport, we will have to claim our luggage at CDG (according to the folks at AF).

My questions are
1) What would be the best transportation options into Paris from CDG and then back to Orly since we have a change of airports?
2) Is there somewhere we can store luggage? We will each have 1 checked bag and 1 carry-on.

We have been to Paris before, so I am fine with transportation within the city and the things we will probably want to do/see in our short amount of time there this trip, but I have just not encountered this particular situation previously.

Thank you.

Last edited by buffy888; Nov 8, 2009 at 2:52 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:18 pm
iff

One of the simplest solutions may be to take the Air France bus line 4 to Gare Montparnasse, leave your luggage there at the consignes (they have both coin lockers and staffed baggage storage on level +1), and then after you pick it up again take the AF bus line 1 from Montparnasse to Orly.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
if you don't want to go to Montparnasse ... if you prefer to go in medias res: just go to the Louvre ... they have a free luggage storage. no-one actually verifies if you really went to the Louvre. it's free and centrally located. helped me quite some time of course does not work for tons of luggage ... but for one checked luggage ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.