FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Flyertalk Cares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares-688/)
-   -   DREAMFLIGHT – Sponsor a Fat bloke (FT Approved) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares/920216-dreamflight-sponsor-fat-bloke-ft-approved.html)

CT-UK Jul 21, 2009 9:31 am

Just a little bump for this great charity and just under 2 weeks to go.

Sat at a very even £2222 right now and would love to hit the £3k to fund one child to go.

There must be someone who wants to make things odd. :D

Thanks

G-BOAC Jul 27, 2009 6:04 am

Just under a week to go before the big day - worth a little bump, I think!

CT-UK Jul 28, 2009 12:52 am

Thanks G-BOAC.
Yesterday was a very good day indeed for sponsorship, with a very generous one at the end of the day from anonymous so unfortunately I don’t know who to say thank you to.
If you are here then thank you very much

CT

£2667 as of now. Very close to being able to send one kid :D ^
http://www.justgiving.com/ct-uk/

G-BOAC Jul 31, 2009 4:14 am

Right. The race is Sunday so today's the last day in the office (which is surely where most of us slack off, errm, 'take essential creative downtime between important topics', to read FT primarily) hence this bump.

1) I just flexed the plastic again to put my money where my big mouth is. Admittedly it's far easier than flexing any kind of muscles like CT-UK has had to in order to train hard for this (especially the 'restraint muscle' to keep off the booze ;)).

2) There's now a nice round number left to the target. No more oddness.

3) A MERE 200.00 left to go. It's so close.

4) End of the month, payday has surely been by now?

5) "Ah, but I am skint still" :( Alas, so am I. BUT they take credit cards (that's right, you can even earn miles/points at the same time as a remdinder) so that's that problem solved.

Fingers crossed a few people nip out for a boozy Friday lunch and come back in a good mood to slip in a few more donations. 200 quid surely shouldn't end up being the shortfall for sending one child on the holiday of a lifetime like this, it's so close...

browserden Jul 31, 2009 6:33 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC (Post 12152300)
5) "Ah, but I am skint still" :( Alas, so am I. BUT they take credit cards (that's right, you can even earn miles/points at the same time as a remdinder) so that's that problem solved.

If you want to pay by Amex then select the PayPal option rather than the pay by card option.

CT-UK Jul 31, 2009 7:03 am

Originally Posted by G-BOAC (Post 12152300)
Fingers crossed a few people nip out for a boozy Friday lunch and come back in a good mood to slip in a few more donations. 200 quid surely shouldn't end up being the shortfall for sending one child on the holiday of a lifetime like this, it's so close...

Not all FTers share your lunchtime drinking habits B-BOAC. :D

Very close now, thanks to ALL who have donated so far ^^

Cheetah_SA Jul 31, 2009 9:04 am

WOW!! Somebody just catapulted you right through the 3000 mark!

Well done!! ^

quitecontrary Aug 2, 2009 3:22 am

Bumping this as the race is today. It's an excellent cause that those of who are lucky enough to travel as we do should support to enable those who are not so lucky to have the trip of a lifetime. Dig deep and donate.

Good luck CT-UK (not a Fat Bloke any more:D).

Shuttle-Bored Aug 2, 2009 4:14 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary (Post 12160959)
Good luck CT-UK (not a Fat Bloke any more:D).

^ - hope the weather isn't too warm out there!

Pyeinthesky Aug 2, 2009 11:28 am

I have just heard from a very pleased CT-UK who has just completed the Triathlon in 3:17, which is a whopping 13 minutes better than his target!

I am sure you'll all join me in congratulating him both on his feat (and feet!), and his fantastic efforts fund-raising for such a wonderful cause.

Here's a picture of him moments ago, clutching a very well deserved bottle of Stella!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2464/...10d98f7b_o.jpg

Looks like he fared better than the guy bottom left of frame! ;)

P.S. The website is, of course, still taking donations :)

Cheetah_SA Aug 2, 2009 2:04 pm

Well done CT-UK!! :-: You are an inspiration. Just looking at that picture of you made me go and get a drink! ;)

G-BOAC Aug 2, 2009 2:08 pm

Bloody good job that man! ^

Disco Volante Aug 2, 2009 3:35 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Brilliant! ^^^

CT-UK Aug 3, 2009 12:00 am

Thanks all, I had a a great day and we raised a lot of money for DreamFlight so everything woorked out.
I am happy with my time especially after looking at the splits and seeing my swim and bike were very good, it was just blowing apart on the run / walk that destroyed my time by some 20 minutes.

Thanks all for the money raised for DreamFlight ^^^^

Oh the website is still open if we want to round the numnbers up :D

PUCCI GALORE Aug 3, 2009 1:38 am

As I promised so shall I deliver. CY-UK is a tried and tested MUCCI and he is from now on to be Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.