Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

DREAMFLIGHT – Sponsor a Fat bloke (FT Approved)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.

Hi All,

I have been outed by another member of FT as to the motivation of my diet exercise regime. The reason for this is to raise money for DREAMFLIGHT. Our very own Dolly Dripmat also raised money for them every year and I hope between us we can raise enough to help some kids out.
I will be doing the London Triathlon (1500m Swim, 40KM Bike ride and 10k run) on August 2nd. This itself is a challenge for a lot of people. It is a bit harder for me as I have about 9 years worth of beer hanging off the front of me. Since deciding to take this challenge to raise money for such a good charity dear to a lot of people’s hearts I have cut down (not out) the drinking and taken up a weird thing called exercise and dropped 20lbs and have a lot more to do.
Please give as much as you can afford to this charity if you think they do a good thing. If you don’t know about them then take a look at their site. They make a BIG difference to the lives of seriously ill and disabled children and need all the help they can get from us.
It takes around £3000 per child and they take 196 kids each year. I hope to be able to raise enough to pay for half a child.
If your also in London on August 2nd then you can make sure I finish by being 5 paces in front of me with a cold beer in your hand as I will not stop until I can get it.

You can donate here:
http://www.justgiving.com/ct-uk

More info:
http://www.dreamflight.org/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7763921.stm
http://www.dreamflight.org/video/dreamflight384K.wmv
http://www.thelondontriathlon.co.uk/

Thanks for reading

Christian

Last edited by CT-UK; Feb 10, 2009 at 10:53 am
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:42 am

^ - great cause, and good luck! Does this mean we can't look forward to PUTI classics between now and August?

[mod hat]As CT-UK's thread title indicates, Dreamflight is an approved charity under the Flyertalk Cares banner, so please dig deep![/mod hat]
Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
^ - great cause, and good luck! Does this mean we can't look forward to PUTI classics between now and August?
Not a hope of me NOT doing some PUTI. It is much easier for me to get in that state now
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CT-UK
Not a hope of me NOT doing some PUTI. It is much easier for me to get in that state now
If you wouldn't mind, can you please put up a before/after picture of urself. Loosing 20lb is a big deal! I wish I can even loose 10lb
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomoreiphone
If you wouldn't mind, can you please put up a before/after picture of urself. Loosing 20lb is a big deal! I wish I can even loose 10lb

Sure, once I have got my MANKINI (nope it isn't me.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush Elite, AA Plat, BA Blue, and a host of others.
Sure, once I have got my MANKINI (nope it isn't me.
ow my eyes! Oh, that's going to give me nightmares. A day-glo green mankini? For the love of God, why?

Back on topic. Good luck in your efforts for this worthy cause. ^
Old Feb 10, 2009, 2:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
CT-UK - very best of luck with this. I'll be doing the second day of the Pan-Mass Challenge on the 2nd, so I'll be thinking of you! Let me know if you want any help with preparing for the bike! I'll sort a donation between now and then.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 2:46 pm
uk1
Suspended

Well done and good luck.^
Old Feb 10, 2009, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<sniff>

Mother of Mercy!

Is this the end of "Bugger I am drunk" threads?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Best of luck CT-UK - it's such an admirable thing you're doing by helping Dreamflight. And of course you get the benefit of that gorgeous slimline body to enjoy

Keep us informed with how things are going.

And some of us know that even though the diet/fitness thing's going well, you've still managed an odd PUTI
Old Feb 10, 2009, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Good luck! You are doing a wonderful thing. For inspiration, watch "Run, Fat Boy, Run".

We'll be cheering you on!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:40 am

Phew - would hate for normal broadcasts to be interrupted

Know what you mean re hastier inebrination after weight loss - after losing a bit when I ran the Edinburgh Marathon a couple of years back, a couple of glasses of wine left me somewhat lightheaded - it's not called lightweight for nothing Must factor that into my training plan for the Loch Ness Marathon in October....
Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Wow, thanks guys and girls for the donations! Much appreciated
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
So is the picture on the page now a good likeness to you, CT-UK?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
So is the picture on the page now a good likeness to you, CT-UK?
No the pic isn't like me. I haven't got around to putting up the pic of me in my new lycra yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.