Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

SEA 3-Day Do Sept 12-14, 2008 - fundraising for Susan G Komen breast cancer charity

SEA 3-Day Do Sept 12-14, 2008 - fundraising for Susan G Komen breast cancer charity

Old Mar 15, 2008, 11:48 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I donated $100 for each of Missy's Tata's and will be at SeaDoo to collect my drink chits!

Dave
Old Mar 23, 2008, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Just made a donation to Missy.

I will probably make it to Seattle as well but are we really talking about a dinner or a dinner and drinks?
Old Mar 23, 2008, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by holtju2
Just made a donation to Missy.

I will probably make it to Seattle as well but are we really talking about a dinner or a dinner and drinks?
You're meeting with Missy and SEA folks need to ask?

I'm slow but I'll visit that donation page before you walk - promise!!
Old Mar 23, 2008, 10:47 pm
Community Director Emerita

I've scored a trifecta - contributions to Missy, lalala, and owlchick We can't have any of our FT walkers left behind.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I've scored a trifecta - contributions to Missy, lalala, and owlchick We can't have any of our FT walkers left behind.
Heh

I've noticed that there are more donors on my website that I don't know than I do know. Where are my family members, I ask you?

Apparently, they are the community members here on FT as well as another website on which I don't even post, but their admin posted my letter and two of his readers therefore contributed. ^

Weird, wonderful internets! I loves ya!
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:30 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by holtju2

Of course there will be drinks... hydration is important you know.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by Owlchick
Heh

I've noticed that there are more donors on my website that I don't know than I do know. Where are my family members, I ask you?

Apparently, they are the community members here on FT as well as another website on which I don't even post, but their admin posted my letter and two of his readers therefore contributed. ^

Weird, wonderful internets! I loves ya!
Goes to show that ya never can tell where and from whom the contributions will come.!

oyyyy the stories I could tell

Another heartwarming sight will be be on registration day when folks basically gift other walkers with their excess donations. By the time ya get to Day 0, nobody wants to see someone miss out cause they're a few $$$ short.

Now go train...and hydrate
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:41 am

Programs: UA
Beginning of April update:

Our practice walks started about three weeks (give or take) ago and have been fabulous!

Weather in the Seattle area has mostly been cooperating with our schedule, although we did do six laps around the interior of Bellevue Square one night when it looked like it might be unpleasant outdoors.

Really, anyone in our area can join in the walking when they're in town.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

bumpity bump

It's tax stimulus check time

A donation, a mileage run, and dinner with the Tatas?
Old Jun 5, 2008, 1:17 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
oops

Actually, we did plan that far ahead and will be in Ecuador after CowDo, Iguazu and Lima, so no dinner.

But still a worthwhile bump since the OP is not pushing for the bucks nor updating her blog.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

I have been horrible about blog updating, but the tata's went on a 5.5 mile walk together last night. We've had to do most of our training separately due to conflicting schedules, but we are definitely wearing out our walking shoes!

I'll be in PHX this weekend, trying to figure out how to do a 10 mile walk in 96 degree weather without dying
Old Jun 5, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I have been horrible about blog updating, but the tata's went on a 5.5 mile walk together last night. We've had to do most of our training separately due to conflicting schedules, but we are definitely wearing out our walking shoes!

I'll be in PHX this weekend, trying to figure out how to do a 10 mile walk in 96 degree weather without dying
It is a darn shame because the weather this weekend here is expected to be outstanding for walking and not so good for tomatoes.

I have been really bad about bugging people for donations, so some of you, expect PMs from me.

My travel schedule is really interesting this year -- by the time we complete our 3 day walk - I will have walked in Greenland, Denmark, Iceland, England, Canada, France and the US. How cool is that?

By the time I get to Greenland - it will be plenty freaking cool.

lala
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Ok, Missy's balance hasn't moved for a while so I figured maybe it's time to ante up again. While I'm sure my donation was very modest, if everyone re-donated what they did the first time, she'd make her goal today.

Anyone?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

SWEET!

Thanks fireworksboy!

I've been concentrating more on training than fundraising, but I know I need to get back into the money grubbing groove if I'm going to make goal.

Today started the Week 12 countdown to the big event, and my Virtual Personal Trainer email says I need to put in 28 miles this week.

Week 14 I managed at least 31, but last week I only pulled off 16. I also need to re-set my pedometer. I walked on a track yesterday and it was logging between .72 and .78 for every mile I walked
Old Jul 1, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Friendly bump here!

Owlchick and I participated in the Seafair Half Marathon last weekend. We got to walk across the Evergreen floating bridge last Sunday as a change from the regular training schedule and had a blast. Okay, a few of those hills sucked but it was tons of fun and there were bananas left for us at the end. Poor Missy was stuck in Maui eating pineapples and hiking amongst tropical foliage.

10 weeks left to go until we conquer 60 miles in 3 days!

lala

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.