Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

Give Blood. It may save a life...YOURS!

Give Blood. It may save a life...YOURS!

Old Aug 28, 20, 8:50 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
one positive thing to come from Covid lockdown - I'm not travelling to malarial places, so I can give blood. Donated again today, second time in three months after once in seven years.
JDiver, Spiff, SanDiego1K and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 4, 20, 2:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac View Post
one positive thing to come from Covid lockdown - I'm not travelling to malarial places, so I can give blood. Donated again today, second time in three months after once in seven years.
The American Red Cross seems to also have amended their question re: recent travel. You still have to answer if you traveled outside of US/Canada within the last 12 months. Normally you'd have to list all the countries you visited. (For some folks, this step takes a while! ) But now, if you answer that you traveled outside of US/Canada within the last 12 months, they ask a follow-up: have you been outside of US/Canada within the last 3 months? If you answer "no" to the 3-month question, you simply move on with the screening.
Spiff and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 8, 20, 10:50 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
The American Red Cross seems to also have amended their question re: recent travel. You still have to answer if you traveled outside of US/Canada within the last 12 months. Normally you'd have to list all the countries you visited. (For some folks, this step takes a while! ) But now, if you answer that you traveled outside of US/Canada within the last 12 months, they ask a follow-up: have you been outside of US/Canada within the last 3 months? If you answer "no" to the 3-month question, you simply move on with the screening.
I noticed that too...

...but this change in policy would have been significantly more useful when we were all traveling more often instead of during a pandemic...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: