FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Flyertalk Cares (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares-688/)
-   -   BA 777 SIM experience donated to chartity (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyertalk-cares/1990481-ba-777-sim-experience-donated-chartity.html)

Flyingaroundtbeglobe Oct 8, 2019 7:45 am

BA 777 SIM experience donated to chartity

I am new to flyertalk so apologies if this post is not allowed or this is not the right forum.

BA has donated a SIM experience to our children's school (Uxbridge) to help us raise funds to buy a double decker bus and turn it into a much needed library bus. This is a genuine cause. The SIM experience is for a genuine BA 777 Simulator worth £449. We have tried to auction it within the school social networks but as there are no flying enthusiasts and this is an expensive treat, we have not been very successful.

I was wondering if there is anyway that this can be publicised here, in case anyone is interested in bidding for the sim experience, as we need to close the auction asap. If anyone is interested, please contact us asap on: [email protected]

Many thanks for your support to this good cause

JDiver Oct 8, 2019 1:23 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

I think this is beyond the scope of purpose of this forum.

There are groups of people (usually self-named “avgeeks”) who would love a BA flight sims experience, but I’m unsure how to find them or advertise yours.

Good luck with your fundraiser; it sounds like a wonderful project.

Flyingaroundtbeglobe Oct 8, 2019 5:00 pm

Hiya Moderator,
Many thanks for your reply. It is such a shame. We have something that the avgeeks would love and could get their hands on for a reduced price, while supporting our good cause. But because we do not know how to get to them, we will have to see this sim experience go to someone with little interest for a very low donation, not maximising the true potential of the donation.

I would suggest Flyertalk could have a section where charity aviation related events. Indeed, we want to organise an aviation day at the school and I am sure members could come up with great suggestions about what we could do to involve kids.

I am leaving my email address in case you may have some suggestions about any of these topics and you are happy to share at a personal level, outside of this forum.

Many thanks,

TWA884 Oct 8, 2019 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingaroundtbeglobe (Post 31607239)
I would suggest Flyertalk could have a section where charity aviation related events. Indeed, we want to organise an aviation day at the school and I am sure members could come up with great suggestions about what we could do to involve kids.

We do:
Flyertalk Cares - FlyerTalkers have a long history of caring for others. This forum is for you to suggest causes in which you believe and seek support from your fellow FTers.

cblaisd Oct 8, 2019 6:02 pm

Since the FlyerTalk Cares forum has time/post requirements:

This new Forum has been established to encourage the charitable involvement by FlyerTalkers and to allow members to easily ask for support for causes meaningful to them. You can begin a thread if you have 180 posts and 180 days on FlyerTalk.

I will close this thread now.

cblaisd & JDiver Co-Moderators
Suggestion Box forum