Search

Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund: Fundraiser

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund: Fundraiser

Captain Denny asked me to post about a new fundraiser for the Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund.

UA flight attendant Nick Pino will be running in the New York City marathon on November 2nd. He wanted it to have a greater meaning to the community and to honor the legacy of the heroes of United Flight 93 and has set himself a goal of raising $5,000 for the scholarship fund.

As many of you know, Captain Dahl was the pilot of United Airlines Flight 93 which was hijacked at 9:28am on September 11, 2001, subsequently crashing at 10:02am in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania. It is believed that the hijackers were subdued by the heroic actions of the passengers and crew on board.

In 2002, the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund was established to provide two deserving aviation students a scholarship grant in Jason’s name. Originally available to students at Dahl’s Alma Mater, San Jose State University and Metro State University in Denver where Dahl lived, the program has since been expanded to NATIONAL status as an IRS recognized 501(c)3 non-profit program supported through corporate and individual donations alike.

Please join me in supporting Nick Pino and the Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund by making a donation here. On the review donation page please note in the special instructions area that the donation is support of Nick Pino's fundraising goal.

GO NICK GO!

By the way, November 2nd was Jason Dahl's birthday.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Captain Denny asked me to post about a new fundraiser for the Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund.

UA flight attendant Nick Pino will be running in the New York City marathon on November 2nd. He wanted it to have a greater meaning to the community and to honor the legacy of the heroes of United Flight 93 and has set himself a goal of raising $5,000 for the scholarship fund.

As many of you know, Captain Dahl was the pilot of United Airlines Flight 93 which was hijacked at 9:28am on September 11, 2001, subsequently crashing at 10:02am in a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania. It is believed that the hijackers were subdued by the heroic actions of the passengers and crew on board.

In 2002, the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund was established to provide two deserving aviation students a scholarship grant in Jason’s name. Originally available to students at Dahl’s Alma Mater, San Jose State University and Metro State University in Denver where Dahl lived, the program has since been expanded to NATIONAL status as an IRS recognized 501(c)3 non-profit program supported through corporate and individual donations alike.

Please join me in supporting Nick Pino and the Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund by making a donation here. On the review donation page please note in the special instructions area that the donation is support of Nick Pino's fundraising goal.

GO NICK GO!

By the way, November 2nd was Jason Dahl's birthday.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 1:36 am

My Flyer Talk Friends,

Day one and $160 has been donated to Nick's Marathon goal of $5000. I can never thank you enough for all the support you have given the Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship through the years. As Pat(with a bunch of numbers) mentioned we started with giving two scholarships in 2002 and continue to grow. In June of 2014 we awarded 18 scholarships.

Capt. Denny
Old Sep 28, 2014, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I'm in!

Easy as pie!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:45 pm

Hello,

I am flight attendant Nick.... I just would like to thank those who have donated thus far. I look forward to running for UA 93 and Captain Dahl!

Originally Posted by squeakr
Easy as pie!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Nick, you've already won just by running. Just made a donation. Best of luck.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 6:53 am

Nick has one month till the race and already has raised $230. A great start for a great cause. Capt. Denny
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:29 am

A big step last night. We are at $335. Just about 10% of nick's goal.

Capt. Denny
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:47 am

Some of you might know my blog, Will Run For Miles, as it is a Travel blog with an emphasis on Fitness and Running, particularly Marathon Running. A number of people have introduced Nick to me and he's posted in the thread on my Facebook page asking Charity Runners to talk about the Charity they are running for. feel free to visit the page and "like" his entry (and even the page if you want) https://www.facebook.com/WillRunForMilesKathy

I hope to meet Nick when he is in NYC for the marathon (I live in NYC and will be running the NYC marathon as well). Maybe I can even run with him part of the way (though I suspect I'm slower than he is).

My goal in the next day or two is to write a blog post showcasing him and the Dahl Fund. Maybe as early as today, since I can't go running until the rain clears.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:15 am

Hi everyone. I wrote this up. Please share a lot!!

http://willrunformiles.boardingarea.....qVq4FqIU.dpbs
Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pat89339
note in the special instructions area that the donation is support of Nick Pino's fundraising goal
did any of the FTers also mention FlyerTalk in "instructions" ?

Originally Posted by katstarr
My goal in the next day or two is to write a blog post showcasing him and the Dahl Fund.
nice!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by travelguy70
Hello,

I am flight attendant Nick.... I just would like to thank those who have donated thus far. I look forward to running for UA 93 and Captain Dahl!
A request for a donation usually requires a link. You have to make it easy for us.

edit I just found the link in Pats post. http://dahlfund.org/?page_id=10
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
did any of the FTers also mention FlyerTalk in "instructions" ?
Yep. I just made a donation.

dh
Old Oct 10, 2014, 9:57 pm

Thanks dhammer53

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Yep. I just made a donation.

dh
Thank you dhammer53
Our donations just jumper by $36.

If any Flyer Talkers out there are interested in my facebook check out Farm Flanagan!!!

Capt. Denny
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Just made a donation. Go Nick. I ran the marathon last year. My favorite marathon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.