Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

10th Kids First Auction Adds FlyerTalk Sponsorship

Old May 6, 2014, 12:05 pm
Used to be 'FTcadence'
Original Poster

For those of you unfamiliar with the Kids First Fund, it is a US-based charity that works with abused children in impoverished areas around the world by developing programs to educated, identify, and help these children, their families, and the communities in which they live.

FlyerTalk is sponsoring Kids First Fund's 2014 auction which is set to begin in just 2 days (on May 8th) with the first of 3 online auctions. Participants will be able to bid on auctions items including airfare tickets, mileage vouchers, hotel stays, car rentals, and VIP signature trips. A full list of auction items can be found at: kidsfirstauction.com.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:41 am

Tune Hotels Auction

Tune Hotels is pleased to announce its support of the 2015 International Kids First Travel Auction by donating 25 vouchers for two night stays each at Tune Hotels across the country. The vouchers will be auctioned off at the 11th Annual Kids First Fund travel auction. With a combined value close to 3,500, this is the fourth year Tune Hotels has worked with and sponsored this international charity event.

Commencing on 8th May, proceeds from the 10 day auction will help the Kids First Fund provide support to abused children in resource poor areas across the world. Support from Tune Hotels last year saw a total of 7,596 raised at the auction, revenue from which allowed the charity to offer aid to nearly twice the number of teachers, parents and teachers in Moldova and contributed to a new project building family shelters in Latvia.

To get your hands on many available Tune Hotels vouchers, head to www.kidsfirstauction.com and start bidding!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Can I just say this is a great thing and I've also had a bit of good luck back.

I won a 2 night stay at Tune Hotel Canary Wharf and after a travel companion cutting off all contact left me at short notice to get a hotel for 2 nights in London.

I emailed Tune Hotels and within 3 days they had emailed me back with a confirmed reservation. Very impressed and will be supporting even more next year!

(Also can't wait to take my sister to Paris for the little car trip round the city I also won)
Old May 25, 2016, 2:49 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
http://www.kidsfirstauction.com/

Folks, there are only a few days left for the 2016 auction! Great cause and right up our alley

Take a peek...
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:53 am

is there a thread to subscribe to so i don't miss this in 2018?
Old May 4, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Starts Sunday I believe.......
Old May 7, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
So, the webpage says the auction starts 5/6/18.

Anyone know what the deal is? Are they doing the auction this year?

Kids First Auction Page
Old May 8, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, HH Diamond, HY Explorist, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Au, UA Ag
Looks like they have some Avis certificates up on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/kidsfirstfu...1&_ipg=&_from=

No sign of their Flyertalk auction, though.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:14 pm

https://www.kidsfirstauction.com/ It says this started on Sunday but it's nowhere to be found on flyertalk. I messaged them via facebook and nothing. So strange. the photo at the top of the page changed today. Hoping for the best!
jhalapin likes this.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:21 pm

Check again. Looks like the sponsorship changed.........
Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:41 am

Is this still an ongoing project?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 2:10 pm

This is a great idea. They should have a long line of companies looking to sponsor, including flyertalk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.